• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Started using it last night, the batteries arrived almost empty, charged first 4 and were left charged in the "keep topped up" in the charger. Took two out to use today, and also put other 4 in to charge, I noticed when I put the power back in, and it was only out for about a minute, the two batteries left in there which were supposedly charged are still recharging now after 20 minutes. So once charged it doesnt seem to keep them topped up well. It doesnt charge that fast either, but I think its still an ok charger.

Also the batteries can move out of position easily, and I noticed if slightly out of position, it wont charge properly.

Once they have charged I just take them out, you don't need to keep them continually topping up. They will take a few cycles to reach max capacity but these are still cheap batteries so don't expect miracles but hey it beats throwing away AA's once flat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just don't no weather to go with the turtle beach or the Arctis headset's ??

For balance, I bought the Arctis 9X and I've gotta say they're pretty damn impressive. Very light, very comfortable and effortless to use. Being able to mute the party when you need, connect to a bluetooth device for music at the same time, etc.. and both the quality of and the positional quality of the sound is very good.

Man of Honour
Decided on the S2721dgf, never got it as cheap as some people have recently but I'm happy with the price I got (£350) I just got a long wait until 2nd half of January for it.

Now time to get a headset, hopefully Turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2 will have a discount this black Friday /cyber monday

I ordered that monitor today and it’s now in the post, arrives tomorrow. It’s funny that electronics are so cheap here, but a “cheap” take away pizza is £16.

It will be for my Series S though, not the X.

Soldato
Just don't no weather to go with the turtle beach or the Arctis headset's ??

I've got the 9x, it sounds really good (get the dolby atmos app), it's comfy and well made BUT it interferes with the controller and if you turn the console off before the headset it will turn back on and the controller loses connection, it's a known bug with a reddit thread on it. Once that's fixed I'd say they're pretty damn good.

Associate
I've got the 9x, it sounds really good (get the dolby atmos app), it's comfy and well made BUT it interferes with the controller and if you turn the console off before the headset it will turn back on and the controller loses connection, it's a known bug with a reddit thread on it. Once that's fixed I'd say they're pretty damn good.
I've got the Steelseries 7x and find the same, they are really comfortable and sound great. Bought both the Atmos and DTS headphones apps as they were reduced and loving how the 7x's sound. I luckily don't have any issues with connectivity either, the USB dongle is plugged in to the rear of the console and connects to headphones without issue.

Soldato
I've got the Steelseries 7x and find the same, they are really comfortable and sound great. Bought both the Atmos and DTS headphones apps as they were reduced and loving how the 7x's sound. I luckily don't have any issues with connectivity either, the USB dongle is plugged in to the rear of the console and connects to headphones without issue.
Yes, the 9x use the xbox wireless protocol, you'd think they'd have it sorted lol.

Soldato
Where can you get Steelseries 7x's from ? I've got a pair of 700 gen2s on order in NZ but they're not due for delivery for quite some time but I can't find the 7x anywhere... I don't mind importing as long as I can find them! Anyone got any links etc.?

Associate
I ordered that monitor today and it’s now in the post, arrives tomorrow. It’s funny that electronics are so cheap here, but a “cheap” take away pizza is £16.

It will be for my Series S though, not the X.
Bloody hell, how is it being delivered so fast? what country are you in?

Soldato
Even better, it's 1440p120!

There is a 4k60 option with or without ray traced shadows if for some reason you prefer marginal resolution increases over frame rate.

They're not, they max out at 1440p120 and have dynamic resolution down to ~1200p
thanks for this. the Xbox tells me my TV is capable of 120Hz but when I switched to it and opened Fifa the TV had a fit, kept blinking on and off, then stayed off for ages, luckily I somehow got back to the dash and have downgraded to 60Hz, I have an LG OLED.

Soldato
Had a small play with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for headphones and feel that the latter is the better for spatial positioning. Am I right in thinking that if I buy one of these, the licence would need renewing in a year?

Man of Honour
Had a small play with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for headphones and feel that the latter is the better for spatial positioning. Am I right in thinking that if I buy one of these, the licence would need renewing in a year?

Atmos is a lifetime licence, but limited to a number of devices.

Associate
Sound is a funny dynamic for gaming - back in the day I had a Soundblaster Recon3D soundcard, and if I used the right setting then I could play Counterstrike and shoot people through walls with an AWP just from the sound! Could literally close my eyes and just home in on them through a wall through the noise they were making, then......BLAM!

Caporegime
Still waiting for my controller to come back, was sent on the 12th, got to service centre on 20th, now still waiting for shipping notification of the replacement.

Not great really! Just as well my friend loaned me one until I get mine back.

Back
Top Bottom