• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Founders Edition Cable Location

Associate
Edit: See Post 10 for an idea
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34268696

My Nvidia RTX 3090 FE came a couple of days ago I cant seem to find a nice way to route the cables
I will be getting a Corsair RTX 30xx Cable once they come back instock
but even then i suspect it will look bad

Has anyone found a nice way to route them?

Here are a couple of images of mine

https://postimg.cc/gallery/xVWVLR6

3090-1.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Depends on the case.

For example my case has a hole under the GPU to route cables from the PSU, but I can't really see what else you can do.

Man of Honour
Haven't found a nice way to route it on my 3070FE :( I didn't think it would bother me but it kind of does as it is stuck up awkwardly (it is rotated 90 degrees to the 3080/90 as well).

I'll probably be looking a custom connector/cable at some point if/when available.

Associate
I have the Corsair single cable and have routed it under the Geforce logo, looks like you can do the same as you have a cable hole there.

thumbnail-IMG-1056.jpg

Soldato
IMO get a custom sleeved cable which looks sleek helps with these. What I did with 3090 and pretty much noticeable, more so if it blends in with the GPU.

Associate
In my opinion its very unlikely. The only nice solution to improve the looks would be to reach out to someone that makes custom cables. James @ Pexon Pcs would be a good shout. a longer custom braided cable with a couble of attached cable combes(with double sided tape that you can use to stick to gpu to route the cable along the side of the card.

the 2nd solution would be contact ricardo at coldzero to make a custom acrylic piece that attaches to the pcie backpanel and extends full length to cover front of the card

Associate
I'm the same except with the adapter thing theres just no good way to route these cables. Poor design choice what were they thinking...

When I had the adaptor I stuffed it under the card, wasn't that noticeable to be honest but with a more brightly lit case then mine then yeah not great....

thumbnail-IMG-1052.jpg

Man of Honour
I have a mess of cables anyhow but still

2szixCK.png

Think I'm gonna have to go back to my AIO though as the GPU is dumping heat out the back into the CPU area :s

Associate
OP
I think i may try this when i can get the corsair single cable

From a rainforest related company
The smallest i can find is 12mm x 12mm
intervisio Cable Tie Mounts, Dimensions 12mm x 12 mm, Self Adhesive Base for Zip Tie, Bases Holder Pads, 100 Pieces, Color Black

I am going to remove the sticky tape and use 3M VHB that i already have
as i know that wont leave crap on the card if i ever remove them

2 as in below then 2 on the side
and just run it flush along the top of the card

Cable-Tie.png

Cable-Tie-Mount.jpg

Cable-Tie-Mount-2.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That seems like a nice solution, I have a EVGA PSU and the standard 2 x 6+2 at each end and it looks horrid, I see EVGA are doing a crazy overpriced cable available for US customers. Does anyone have any details of UK custom cable makers that do the 12pin Nvidia cable ?

Ree

Ree

Associate
i had a rethink about mine and decided to go under the motherboard instead. sorry about pic quality i really need to get a new phone. it's a flat 12 pin cable direct from seasonic btw.

ea473dda1b9e57d127c0b93f5aa1d15f.jpg

Permabanned
It amazes me that while NVIDIA spent a long time coming up with that new power connector that they didn't thing of the poor PC builder who has to make some sense out of it.

Back
Top Bottom