• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I think the new classification of "vapor launch" is more appropriate. They should have made this a review launch day but it's probably some BS to satisfy investors.

On the plus side, seeing the AIB reviews now, given the inflated pricing, the RTX 3080 is probably the better card to get and stock has been ramping up.

I'm still just having a bit of a chuckle given how some posters in the Navi 23 thread were frothing about how bad nVidia's launch was and going to great lengths to find any and every way to mock it making sure to get in plenty of digs about paper launches and making a big deal of how glorious AMD's launch was going to be in comparison.

Sometimes it is best to wait until after the fact to start celebrating, especially if you are going to go to those lengths to slate the competition, or you end up looking a bit foolish.

Associate
dont see any instock and way over priced anyway

Gibbo has announced they aren't taking orders. They have received so few units, and they take so much flack for the preorder chaos that's happened on the last few launches, that they've decided to hang back until they have a decent amount of stock.

First sensible course of action I've seen in this crazy release period!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm still just having a bit of a chuckle given how some posters in the Navi 23 thread were frothing about how bad nVidia's launch was and going to great lengths to find any and every way to mock it making sure to get in plenty of digs about paper launches and making a big deal of how glorious AMD's launch was going to be in comparison.

Sometimes it is best to wait until after the fact to start celebrating, especially if you are going to go to those lengths to slate the competition, or you end up looking a bit foolish.
Haha :D

Man of Honour
When you're monitoring a stock checker and you notice 12000 other people doing the same, you realise you wont be upgrading this year :(

3080Ti it is in Jan then.

I ended up settling for a 3070FE for now - probably upgrade again a bit later down the line when better options and availability is there though - 3070 is nice enough if you can get it close to MSRP but not the longest lived card IMO.

Caporegime
Pfft, one is used to wind the other, everyone knows that, it's not an age thing... is it? :p

They haven't been around for 20 years :p
------------

Good start By Sapphire for their first 6800XT design, run's very quiet, cool and overclocks better than the Reference model running at near 2600Mhz overclocked.
AMD setting a high bar with their reference card this time round puts more pressure on AIB's to do better and so far so good.

Associate

Nvidia had 2 months to fix things and been unable to in spite of people keep telling me samsungs 8nm node works.....when its broken, obviously.
So amd was faced with a hole to fill so big due to everyone from nvidia want to buy cards now.
amd had to really stop making chips for consoles for 6 months and laptops to be able to meet maybe demand.
This is what happens when tsmc is solely the only wafer maker on 7nm as far.

But cards are fast though as seen in

Soldato
I was sorely tempted to do the same as I wanted to do a full upgrade in end I went for a bundle and a new case/PSU plus kept my old card.

I nearly did buy a full system for 1999 just to get the 6800 XT but then it's only pre-order too!

Been saving all year, didn't go on holiday and now I cannot even get anyone to take my money. 2020 has been quite a year, and it gets worse every month, I wonder what on earth is going to happen for New Year's! At this stage a zombie apocalypse would not surprise me...

Last edited:
Associate
They haven't been around for 20 years :p
------------

Good start By Sapphire for their first 6800XT design, run's very quiet, cool and overclocks better than the Reference model running at near 2600Mhz overclocked.
AMD setting a high bar with their reference card this time round puts more pressure on AIB's to do better and so far so good.

These were briefly up for preorder elsewhere at £810 for the non SE :eek:

Soldato
Lol.

Which one you buying?
I'll get a reference model. I've had a 970 since launch. I've been waiting since march for an upgrade. I'm not getting screwed over by these guys and their ludicrous prices, I can wait longer. My 970 is just going to have to keep on trucking.
*Cracks out whip* Back to work.

Associate
RRP for the reference is £589. If you can find it on the AMD website.

Also £220 is a huge jump. That is around 30% markup

RRP is 599
UK Prices

Asrock RX 6800 XT Taichi £802.56
Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D £772.20
Asus RX6800 XT Strix LC £893.36
PowerColor Red Devil 6800 xt Limited Edition £787.21
PowerColor Red Devil 6800xt standard £777.18
PowerColor RX6800 XT Red Dagon £712
XFX RX6800 XT Speedster Merc £713.44
Slap on that the ocuk tax and my 899 figure wasn't too far away

Associate
Was thinking if the brexit thing will make any difference, I seen the social media adverts asking businesses to be ready for January

Shouldn't make a jot of difference currently. Some of the ports are a bit rammed currently but I assume any cards would be air freight for the time being.

Associate
HUB had stated in their video that they were expecting plenty of stock from AMD Tier 1 partners such as Sapphire and Powercolor. Didnt turn out true in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom