Share Server Groups Between Users

Soldato
Hi All,

Quick one and I have had no luck in finding this out.

Building some RDS farms in work as part of that you need to create a server group which I can do no issues there, add servers etc.

The issue is when someone else logs onto the server they do not see the server group and they need to create it for themselves.

This seems crazy, is there any way to share them between users or make the groups show up for everyone?

I have googled but you can imagine when using words like group, share, window, server you get a lot of results.

Servers in question on 2016 with desktops on Windows 10

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm not familiar with the exact scenario but my gut is that it's probably something you can set with group policy.

You would think that but does not look like it, you can export the group from one user to another, but its a manual process, and if user a changes something user b does not see it

Soldato
OP
TO create a RDS setup, you need to create a "Server Group" in the "Server Manger" app that normally starts with windows server, however the groups you create in there are specific for that one user logging on, as we have multiple admins we all need to share the same view, hence the need to share the settings between users or some other solution.

Soldato
Sounds like a use case for a mandatory profile. Set up your server group, save it, change the profile to mandatory, and copy it over. But I'm well out of date and I expect there's a better way.

Back
Top Bottom