Spec me a new vacuum cleaner, please!

Soldato
Sure, there's plenty of Dyson rip-offs out there but they're just not as good, the tech behind their products are industry leading that's why they win award after award and why everybody else copies them.

Not sure about that, there's a lot of plastic parts these days even on Dyson's and they charge a bomb for spares for the simplest of plastic molded parts.

Permabanned
Not cordless though

I would never buy a cordless one, There is decent power in that Henry 620w i had the old 800w and burned it out so bad sparks flew out the back one day. The 620w feels indentical i am a very hygenic person and would not part with it. I fail to see the attraction on more expensive or cordless hoovers.

The hepafilter bags are great too.

Soldato
I would never buy a cordless one, There is decent power in that Henry 620w i had the old 800w and burned it out so bad sparks flew out the back one day. The 620w feels indentical i am a very hygenic person and would not part with it. I fail to see the attraction on more expensive or cordless hoovers.

The hepafilter bags are great too.

They're good value for a corded and rugged which is why they're used so often in shops and commercial premises.

Associate
Dyson V11 - cordless and powerful. Much more powerful than any wired hoover I’ve previously had. It’s so powerful it pulls the carpet up and away from the grippers etc..

Permabanned
They're good value for a corded and rugged which is why they're used so often in shops and commercial premises.

Indeed plus Amazon replaced the one where sparks flew out the back. Though you got to be careful what you hoover. I learned the hard way not to hoover wood lice unless you enjoy the fishy shrimp smell coming out of it as it literally seems to cook them. Same with the massive house spider i sucked up a few days ago. I had to change the bag last night due to the stink. It has still not failed. I even use it in damp places to suck up the odd water droplet again not a flinch and for around £100 ish they are a little tank.

Caporegime
Sure, there's plenty of Dyson rip-offs out there but they're just not as good, the tech behind their products are industry leading that's why they win award after award and why everybody else copies them.

I'm not sure their patent lawyers would agree.

Dyson is pretty much an anomaly of a company. It is stupidly expensive I mean they charge £300 for a fan which is worse than a £25 one bar it also does heat.

£400 for a hairdryer. Which isn't any better than a £100 ghd.

Their products are good just stupidly priced.wgich means that you can usually get a much better deal elsewhere.

I've owned 3-4 Dyson products now and I won't buy another they aren't good enough for the premium.

My heater fan makes a buzzing sound when it's not even on but plugged in on standby. I can hear it from across the room. A £300 fan which makes that much noise in standby then something isn't right. Not as well made as they suggest.

Plus the owner himself has moved from UK to Singapore. Taking loads of jobs abroad.

He was pro Brexit too. His washing machines were a complete flop. Arguably so are a lot of his products apart from fanboys.

Soldato
Indeed plus Amazon replaced the one where sparks flew out the back. Though you got to be careful what you hoover. I learned the hard way not to hoover wood lice unless you enjoy the fishy shrimp smell coming out of it as it literally seems to cook them. Same with the massive house spider i sucked up a few days ago. I had to change the bag last night due to the stink. It has still not failed. I even use it in damp places to suck up the odd water droplet again not a flinch and for around £100 ish they are a little tank.

The other thing to be said for them is that they're made in the UK so is nice to support UK jobs.

Soldato
True the plastic mould and motors though? I never looked into it in detail but am a loyal fan. The day they move from the UK is the day i stop buying Henry.

Not sure but I'd assume over a certain percent of one must be made here for them to be able to make the claim. All I could find was that they expanded their factory back in 2016.

Soldato
Enjoy it, what model is it replacing.

It's to replace one of these

https://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cylinders/dyson-big-ball-cylinder-2/dyson-big-ball-animal-2

Build quality is absolute dross, suction is great, tools generally useless - the fact it's barely above a 2* review average on Dyson's own site probably says a lot about the quality/ability of this particular model

The Shark pulls far more dirt/dog hair out of the carpets with it's brush arrangement than the Dyson manages

Back
Top Bottom