• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700xt Hot Spot temps?

Soldato
So i picked up a 5700xt

the thic ii for £200....

Yes i know it's the worst 5700xt ever, however it seems to be okay ish so far,

i noticed the hotspot hits 104c when gaming, and the gpu clock hits 2099,

is this unsafe?

Associate
24 blimey that must be costing you a fortune. :D Ignore the hot spot temp whats the regular temp saying. I seem to remember this card having problems because the jokers who designed it blocked the air vents which biblical amounts of plastic. Gamers Nexus were able to get much better temps with some er surgery.

Soldato
OP
24 blimey that must be costing you a fortune. :D Ignore the hot spot temp whats the regular temp saying. I seem to remember this card having problems because the jokers who designed it blocked the air vents which biblical amounts of plastic. Gamers Nexus were able to get much better temps with some er surgery.

do you have a link :D, thanks for the reply btw, is the hot spot temp because of unven thermal paste? in games its 70

Soldato
I've owned two 5700 XTs, a Red Dragon previously and a THICC III, and they exhibited quite different hot spot behaviour. The Red Dragon's hot spot regularly went north of 100 degrees, despite a main GPU temperature in the low 70s. I tried remounting and repasting a couple of times, but it didn't make any difference at all. By comparison, the THICC III rarely goes over 90 and usually stays with 15 degrees or so of the main temperature. Maybe a degree of luck in just how flat your specific die/coldplate is.

Associate
The 5700 xt's you can downclock it using Amd adrenaline, drop a bit of performance and a shedload of heat, the cards come with a massive voltage settings.
If you set the clock at 1900mhz you can set the voltage at 1000mv and work your way from there. I have mine at 1920 and 1020, with the memory at 1800 as a lazy undervolt, keep sthe card cool and quiet all day and night.
You can use gpu-z to monitor your temps and voltage, with a decent fan curve and undervolt, I'll doubt you'll get 90C on your junction hot spot again.
For reference I'm running an msi 5700 xt gaming x

Soldato
PowerColour Red Dragon 5700XT here - Hot spot goes between 90-100. Most of the time its in the mid to late 90's. I have the 'OC' bios selected on the card via the physical switch, so that probably doesn't help.
I have read that this is normal.

Back
Top Bottom