• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Whether that's true or not (it could be), there's no doubt that mining is the most retarded modern invention, ever.

Literally £billions worth of hardware sitting around solving made-up maths problems, for no actual benefit to anyone in the real world.

I can't believe the levels of idiocy that we've sunk to. Literally flushing hardware and energy down the toilet for absolutely no reason.

The mind truly does boggle.

Sounds like pretty much every hobby in existence ;)

Associate
Whether that's true or not (it could be), there's no doubt that mining is the most retarded modern invention, ever.

Literally £billions worth of hardware sitting around solving made-up maths problems, for no actual benefit to anyone in the real world.

I can't believe the levels of idiocy that we've sunk to. Literally flushing hardware and energy down the toilet for absolutely no reason.

The mind truly does boggle.

Hmmm :confused:

A single bitcoin today is worth £14,400 and total is worth approx $160.4 billion
There's a shitton of money in BTC if you know what you're doing.

P.S I mined 2 back in the day. sold 1 couple years back. Holding the other...

Soldato
@ScottiB @Gibbo I just don't understand why you guys kept the pre-orders open indefinitely on the 3070/3080 series. In-fact I'm looking at the nvidia site right now and you are still pretty much the only retailer listed across every single brand / model of 3070/3080. I'm not sure how you are going to keep these customers for future purchases when some have been waiting since September with very vague updates and you need to keep an eye on multiple threads for little snippets from Gibbo.

The AMD launch was also horribly handled. probably 99% of users were smashing F5 on the AMD GPU page that was never going to show any of the cards. Instead you post a link on twitter to a hidden page. A lot of really strange decisions. I know business is absolutely booming but it's very short term thinking. You guys are getting bashed across different forums and on discord/telegram channels for the pricing and the communication.

Man of Honour
@ScottiB @Gibbo I just don't understand why you guys kept the pre-orders open indefinitely on the 3070/3080 series. In-fact I'm looking at the nvidia site right now and you are still pretty much the only retailer listed across every single brand / model of 3070/3080. I'm not sure how you are going to keep these customers for future purchases when some have been waiting since September with very vague updates and you need to keep an eye on multiple threads for little snippets from Gibbo.

The AMD launch was also horribly handled. probably 99% of users were smashing F5 on the AMD GPU page that was never going to show any of the cards. Instead you post a link on twitter to a hidden page. A lot of really strange decisions. I know business is absolutely booming but it's very short term thinking. You guys are getting bashed across different forums and on discord/telegram channels for the pricing and the communication.

They've taken pre-orders off quite a few of the 3070 lines - the rest have some volume coming through albeit sporadically.

Couple of the £659.99 cards had 10+ in stock for several hours the other night - sadly still selling albeit slowly at that price.

Associate

The Twitter link was the last straw for me, that was beyond stupid or they wanted more visitors to the site, I guess we will never know. Will buying else where from now on, especially with the gouged prices.

Associate
The Twitter link was the last straw for me, that was beyond stupid or they wanted more visitors to the site, I guess we will never know. Will buying else where from now on, especia0lly with the gouged prices.
That's funny!! "Buying else where" hahaha No one told him there is no stock anywhere?? :D:D Sorry had to tease a bit buddy I mean not much else you can do but laugh.

Associate
Why on earth do QC put up prices on the website and make it look like they are available? Why not do what others do and put available soon or no price at all when they are not available.
I'll keep my order going for my 3080 but won't be using them again in the future.
I've used them for nearly 20 years but how they've managed things the last few months has left a bitter taste. I'll spend my cash elsewhere in future.

Back
Top Bottom