• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I only noticed people saying they were unavailable to buy on OCUK so never even looked here. I just noticed this on Reddit. I'll go have a look now.

Edit: Hmm yeah looks pretty jacked up too. I think I'll do my usual and swerve OCUK prices for a competitor once the market stabilises.
Sad thing is, i don't think the prices are jacked up :(. The nitro+ card is cheaper here than on another site.

Soldato
Sad thing is, i don't think the prices are jacked up :(. The nitro+ card is cheaper here than on another site.

Serious? I would have thought they were seeing as everything else is. If thats the case, Guess I'll be avoiding that one. Its a bit rich for me at that price point. I'm aiming to spend under £600 and that was a push too. That or I wait another 6+ months to see if prices come down a bit.

Permabanned
It is not like that. Look what happened when Nvidia launched the 2080 and Battlefield V had RT. It didn't worked really well, it worked like Control is working on AMD right now. :)
So Nvidia had to work with the devs to optimize the game for their architecture.
It is not only the bluRay. You need to optimize what it is written on the disk for your decoder. Nvidia and AMD are using a different decoder. They are compatible with DXR, they will "read the bluray" but if the information of the disk is not optimized to their decoder, it will take more time to read it.

Nvidia's Turing series was a failure as far as RT and DLSS 1.0 goes, a beta product. That's why many including myself skipped Turing. Battlefield V wasn't so much optimised for Turing, but instead had RT optimisations done (BVH) and the amount of objects considered for by RT reduced such as leaves.

The problem AMD has is that they are at Turing levels, while the enthusiast has moved on to Ampere, ~30%+ without omptimisation.

Associate
" AMD based RT games and not really even RT games. They are most no different from the rasterization version of the game. RT in AMD games is a joke. Look at the state of RT in world of warcraft. Dirt 5 and Godfall."

WoW RT shadows may look bad but look what happens when you run them on the beloved 3080:
I am sure Blizzard wanted to add more RT effects but they thought that will make the game unplayable on the poor 3080. And the shadows are optimized for Nvidia too.

Soldato
We have to accept that the RTG is a bit slow with optimizing profiles with games but once they do, AIB cards, with OC, will see a pretty noticeable bump in performance.
Right now they got TimeSpy profiles dialed in. And per Der8auer it's beating his 3090.

RX 6800xt RD has a total of 3+16 =19 phases :eek:
And Powercolor already has an updated BIOS :eek:

Soldato
So this is a bit of a shambles.

Where's that tweet gone laughing at nvidia?

Nvidia at least sold and delivered thousands of cards.

Can't find the original tweet, but some nice backtracking here.

The same shop here in Denmark that released RTX 3000 series sales numbers has also released RX 6000 numbers and it's even worse. If AMD is indeed doing everything they can then where in the chain of production - transport - sales are things going wrong? man 2020 cannot end quickly enough. What a ***** year it's been.

Associate

What's ironic is that this is exactly what NVIDIA was saying when Azhor was taking digs at them. How the tables have turned. They got an even worse launch than Ampere. Stocks were so low, sites didnt even crash.

Soldato

Actually if it took Nvidia almost 40 days to deliver that insignificant amount then that's the real shambles. And you want to deflect from that ignoring the fact that AMD just launched RX 6000 series from AIBs? ROFL.
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Serious? I would have thought they were seeing as everything else is. If thats the case, Guess I'll be avoiding that one. Its a bit rich for me at that price point. I'm aiming to spend under £600 and that was a push too. That or I wait another 6+ months to see if prices come down a bit.
Yep. I was maybe willing to get close to £700 for an AIB that was really special in terms of performance. But most of them aren't worth it. Going to keep an eye out for ref models.

Associate
Hope people didn’t prematurely cancel their Nvidia orders; given these prices and minimal performance uplift on the partner cards, Nvidia is still the place to be.

The reference ones are the only worthwhile cards, and they’re apparently being discontinued.

Soldato
Yep. I was maybe willing to get close to £700 for an AIB that was really special in terms of performance. But most of them aren't worth it. Going to keep an eye out for ref models.

Sadly until the people with more money than sense have got their fill of overpriced cards we will not see prices drop to a reasonable level. Nvidia has made £1000 gpu's look cheap after the 2080Ti pricing. I've seen some reference 6800XT's on the bay with bids near £900. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom