• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hope people didn’t prematurely cancel their Nvidia orders; given these prices and minimal performance uplift on the partner cards, Nvidia is still the place to be.

The reference ones are the only worthwhile cards, and they’re apparently being discontinued.
There are a lot of conflicting reports regarding this.

Associate
Hope people didn’t prematurely cancel their Nvidia orders; given these prices and minimal performance uplift on the partner cards, Nvidia is still the place to be.

The reference ones are the only worthwhile cards, and they’re apparently being discontinued.
Yes the Nvidia queue is the place to be.
If anyone had sense they would just forget about both until next year.

Soldato
So I've seen a couple reviews and it seems my guesses were spot on

amd limits 6800xt tdp and aib can't change it and all thing being equal the aib cards have the same performance as the reference card, any gains are down to lower temps it seems

good news for anyone who got a reference card and bad luck to anyone who has to buy the much more expensive aib card

Associate
So I've seen a couple reviews and it seems my guesses were spot on

amd limits 6800xt tdp and aib can't change it and all thing being equal the aib cards have the same performance as the reference card, any gains are down to lower temps it seems

good news for anyone who got a reference card and bad luck to anyone who has to buy the much more expensive aib card

Yep, you’re paying £100+ for a bigger heat sink essentially.

Soldato
Associate
From the reviews...
But don't worry I said the same thing back on September 17, 2020 when 3000 series launched. Nearly 40 days later I'm still saying the same thing.
:D
More like NVIDIA knew AMD wouldn’t be able to supply enough cards just like them so the negative rep they would get for they launch would be short-lived.

AMD knew NVIDIA had massive stock shortages. AMD called out NVIDIA for not having stocks on launch day. AMD knew about all the scalpers and bots buying cards on launch day. AMD had 2 months to beef up supply.

Despite all this, there is literally nothing available to purchase from AMD.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
More like NVIDIA knew AMD wouldn’t be able to supply enough cards just like them so the negative rep they would get for they launch would be short-lived.

They would not be able to know that. Beside nvidia having their worst collection of events for this launch that I can remember, AMD fluffed it by having no stock and maintaining prices so close to nvidias.

Soldato

AMD knew NVIDIA had massive stock shortages. AMD called out NVIDIA for not having stocks on launch day. AMD knew about all the scalpers and bots buying cards on launch day. AMD had 2 months to beef up supply.

Despite all this, there is literally nothing available to purchase from AMD.
2 months is nothing when it comes to the supply chain. It takes 6 weeks to ship stuff from china alone.

Associate
I think OcUK handled this one much better. No queues or queue calculators, no pre-orders and no messing about.
It's now up to AMD and their board partners to start delivering stock that they can sell over the next few weeks.

today was 100% a paper launch, all that happened was the NDA on reviews and product images were lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom