Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Soldato
My parents drop their used Tassimo pods at one of the local charity shops. Somehow the charity shop gets some money and the pods get recycled. It might be worth seeing if any of your local charity shops will take them.

That's probably done through Terracycle too, that's usually how their scheme works. The drop-off point in Glasgow that Jokester mentioned is a church.

Associate
How are people descaling there nespresso machines? Do you have to go with the nespresso branded sachets? Don't mind paying the £13 for a box of 2 sachets but when I look online and see you get 500ml bottles for half the price. But non nespresso branded.

Soldato
Don't mind paying the £13 for a box of 2 sachets but when I look online and see you get 500ml bottles for half the price. But non nespresso branded.
sounds like robbery - for espresso macine I now use citric acid powder, 500g for £2 and like 40g/1litrewater per descale

Soldato
I've just bought a DeLonghi Mini Me Dolche Gusto machine, it was only 35 quid , the variety of coffee doesn't seem to be as wide as Tassimo but Tassimo seems to be more pricy, saying that 3 quid for 8 drinks of 210ml seems kind of steep.

Would be nice if there was a reusable pod one for the coffee one for the milk so I could buy bags of the ground coffee

Back
Top Bottom