*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Tomb Raider uses DLSS 1.0 as does Battlefield and that article is over a year old and doesn't cover the advances in DLSS since then. The render resolution needs to be a variable of the display resolution too, you just choose which render res you want.

To confirm I would try a game like Control which uses DLSS2.0.

There's no architecture difference within the 20 series cards, all are Ampere, all have tensor cores, all support the latest DLSS.

Ah okay, I will install Control now and see how that goes, thank you.

Associate
Control is the best game to showcase DLSS 2.0, it's remarkable the amount of detail it shows, more so than running at native resolution without it! If Cyberpunk pulls that off, I'll be happy, very happy.
It's almost necessary as well
Even with a 3090, max settings at native 4K is a not so amazing 40 FPS

Associate
Okay so tried Control and the results are pretty remarkable I have to say.

Playing on 1080p at max settings including all the RT options but DLSS at 520p and I honestly couldn't tell the difference in visual quality and yet it meant I went from 35-55 fps range to 80-120fps lol, WTF??

Soldato
You may be fine for 1080p ultra graphics wise but your CPU might chug hard. Min recommend for 1080p low is 3570k.

I only have 1080p 144hz monitor but im fine spec wise for 2160p ultra so im hoping i can get away with 1080p ultra with RTX and get 60+ fps

Yeah the cpu worries me slightly as I don't know what the utilisation in this game is like. Worst case I sell a kidney and upgrade my pc :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Keep in mind that is old PC footage, not the state of the current PC version.

Still annoying though to spend hundreds on a brand new GPU but still have to compromise to run a new game acceptably

Until brute force RT cores are the norm, real time simulation of light and shadow will always be a bit of a killer without workarounds like DLSS to improve framerates and quality at the same time. IMO it's a win win but it also does mean you are pretty much fixed on one vendor. AMD are too far behind to have anything viable to DLSS, and Microsoft doesn't have anything to compete yet in DirectX. nVidia are years ahead and have established the platform for DLSS.

They just need to sort out their damn stock issues!

Associate
We know you are a little bit :p

Honestly, thus far, I'm loving the 3090 Strix OC, it's a bloody beast. My waterblock for it should be arriving this weekend, so I'll finally get to stretch it's legs properly. Just in time for Cyberpunk.
Unfortunately I still need a lot of other parts so I probably won't be blocking up until some time next year. I've gone and made things harder on myself by deciding I MUST have glass tubing as well

Caporegime
Keep in mind that is old PC footage, not the state of the current PC version.

Until brute force RT cores are the norm, real time simulation of light and shadow will always be a bit of a killer without workarounds like DLSS to improve framerates and quality at the same time. IMO it's a win win but it also does mean you are pretty much fixed on one vendor. AMD are too far behind to have anything viable to DLSS, and Microsoft doesn't have anything to compete yet in DirectX. nVidia are years ahead and have established the platform for DLSS.

They just need to sort out their damn stock issues!

DLSS is the reason I can’t understand why anyone is rushing for a 6800 instead of a 3080.

Associate
Why are people always thinking in terms of the here and now. More and more games will have it in future, with an aim to have it function on literally anything that uses TAA if certain people are to be believed
The life span of cards will increase also

Because what usually happens is the current gen hardware is outdated by time these features become widespread enough to really care about.

Soldato
Wow we have been waiting a long time for this

4sikglhkgd161.png

Back
Top Bottom