AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Shame I didn't get one. Queue position 184 but I am assuming this doesn't take into account pre-builds, which is probably a whole other queue. Am guessing most of the received CPUs went into those, so 220 in stock != 220 getting shipped to people in the queue...

Associate
No reason given just that they didn't have the stock ive tried calling waited 45 minutes no answer but I've sent a reply to the message they sent me and awaiting a response. I have been patient till now because we all know theres a stock issue and I accepted that but when they say they have 220 in stock and I'm number 200 on the que i expect my cpu. I know of another retailer that was expecting over 200 and only received half of the order if this is the case tell us that dont say you have 220 IN STOCK
Any chance you can let us know what happens cheers bud!

Associate
No reason given just that they didn't have the stock ive tried calling waited 45 minutes no answer but I've sent a reply to the message they sent me and awaiting a response. I have been patient till now because we all know theres a stock issue and I accepted that but when they say they have 220 in stock and I'm number 200 on the que i expect my cpu. I know of another retailer that was expecting over 200 and only received half of the order if this is the case tell us that dont say you have 220 IN STOCK

Likely RMA's mate.
I've seen on the AMD subreddit there are plenty of RMA's of 5950's going on.

Associate
My 5800x order is at 327 as of 20th, there much chance its going to move more this week than the paltry 22 positions it moved last time?:confused:
Because at this rate its going to be well into the start of next year by the looks of it before theres any chance. :(

Soldato
Shame I didn't get one. Queue position 184 but I am assuming this doesn't take into account pre-builds, which is probably a whole other queue. Am guessing most of the received CPUs went into those, so 220 in stock != 220 getting shipped to people in the queue...
from what has been mentioned before OCUK have different stock for pre built machines to retail stuff (they mentioned it under the 30xx series thread) so this will not really matter.

Associate
@Gibbo are you able to advise on the current situation with the 5900X? The last update I recall was that a batch of 300 x 5900X were expected on 24/11/2020. I've been monitoring this thread as well as the locked post and blog and not seen any update. It would be nice to know if these dates have slipped again or if the CPUs are expected imminently. I'm likely in the same boat as many, based on my queue position my order should get filled with this shipment, as I have a computer missing a CPU I'm eagerly awaiting any update, good or bad.

Associate
Likely RMA's mate.
I've seen on the AMD subreddit there are plenty of RMA's of 5950's going on.

I was thinking the same, but it would be unusual for a retailer to retain stock for RMA purposes. I would think the most likely issue here is that they did not get in the units they thought they did, and the original post miss spoke about having units in hand. (This seems likely as the post happened 2 days before shipping) or it is a retailer initiated RMA. I don't know what, if any, quality checks OCuk apply on stock but perhaps a number of units had to be returned to the supplier.

Either way, you can see that OCuk staff are really getting punished for providing updates here. So it's hardly surprising the reasons have not been provided. Someone a week from now would correlated unrelated pieces of informations to infer underhanded dealings. I'm honestly surprised at the some of the feelings expressed here.

Associate
@Gibbo are you able to advise on the current situation with the 5900X? The last update I recall was that a batch of 300 x 5900X were expected on 24/11/2020. I've been monitoring this thread as well as the locked post and blog and not seen any update. It would be nice to know if these dates have slipped again or if the CPUs are expected imminently. I'm likely in the same boat as many, based on my queue position my order should get filled with this shipment, as I have a computer missing a CPU I'm eagerly awaiting any update, good or bad.

This is what we need.

Last update noted 24th as expected delivery date. Most recent update (24/11) states, "Unfortunately, we don’t have any updates on the other shipments."

So, the 5900x just didn't show up and your distributor hasn't said why or what the new date is? That seems unlikely to me. All we're asking for is transparency.

Associate
I dont mind waiting for it to come, but the lack of updates is dissapointing would be nice to be kept in the loop.

I know I am atleast going up 1 space this week for a 5600X I wonder what time they will send out queue position updates this week

Back
Top Bottom