• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is the guy making them ....

This just in guys!

A product launch = derptubers getting one each. :eek:
The very definition of a paper launch?

Not under embargo but not available for sale?
Those tears are delicious as you remind us of the Ampere launch.
But here is the icing on the cake:
-You don't need to modifying the board itself to OC
-No capacitor issues causing ctd, blackscreens, lol
-No rushed out driver update that lowers GPU boost to prevent blackscreens
-No AMD AIB caught scalping their own customers at double the price
-Greater then 10gb vram without having to re-launch the card again next year with higher vram.
-No reports of AMD webstore crashing, exposing customer data to later go through brick/motar store

Overall this is a successful launch.
:D

Lets see were AIBs are 40 days from now. With the 2 holidays approaching I've give it until after 1Q 2021.

As for reviews, something afoot with HU/TechSpot as they only provided 1 game in their benchmark. No real explanation as to why and is highly unlike them to do that. In the 5700 series launched he reviewed nearly every AIB with a full suite of games back then. The difference back then and now is that the 6800xt is their high end skus.

Last edited:
Associate
Buying a new gpu would be a great perk at the end of an awful year for me and many others. Shame it doesn't look possible e right now.

Yes, not much to like about this year in general, aside from the fact that it's nearly over. Hopefully next year will be better, and I'm genuinely intrigued to see what excuses the GPU manufacturers come up with for their next major FUBAR! :D

Soldato

Pretty much everyone can see there has been no launch. Some cards in very limited numvers were sold on Day 1. No one is taking pre-orders because they dont know when stock will arrive and AIB cards are no where to be seen with a another large UK seller stating they have received none.

Your bias is clearly showing if it wasn't self evident previously.

You manged to get a card yet?

Associate
Those tears are delicious as you remind us of the Ampere launch.
But here is the icing on the cake:
-You don't need to modifying the board itself to OC
-No capacitor issues causing ctd, blackscreens, lol
-No rushed out driver update that lowers GPU boost to prevent blackscreens
-No AMD AIB caught scalping their own customers at double the price
-Greater then 10gb vram without having to re-launch the card again next year with higher vram.
-No reports of AMD webstore crashing, exposing customer data to later go through brick/motar store

Add no working bots and no scalpers on Ebay. Best lauch ever!

Soldato
You guys remind me of Donald Trump. No Coronavirus problem in the US. Best response to the pandemic ever.

Let's just flat out ignore the elephant in the room that is no launch.

Soldato
Pretty much everyone can see there has been no launch. Some cards in very limited numvers were sold on Day 1. No one is taking pre-orders because they dont know when stock will arrive and AIB cards are no where to be seen with a another large UK seller stating they have received none.

Your bias is clearly showing if it wasn't self evident previously.

You manged to get a card yet?

In my country the launch was cancelled with 2 hours notice - people took the day off work only to find out there will be no launch. To say that people are angry is an understatement, Nvidia cards will be flying off the shelves today - people want a new gpu for new games like cyberpunk, no in 6 months - they want it ASAP and we have Nvidia stock on shelves

Associate
To say that people are angry is an understatement, Nvidia cards will be flying off the shelves today - people want a new gpu for new games like cyberpunk, no in 6 months - they want it ASAP and we have Nvidia stock on shelves
Here too, people are buying 3090's to have something decent to play on, until they can get their hands on a 6800xt.

Soldato
What amazes me is that you won't acknowledge that almost 40 days ago Nvidia launched their Ampere cards which have orders today that have not been filled. Yet you keep harping on and on about AMD AIB launch in which reviews were release just a few hours ago. The real elephant in the room is not only alive but stinks after nearly 40 days!!! It's sad really. And, I pitty you and your attempts at ignoring something everyone knows because Ampere's release has been over a month now. :p

Soldato
What amazes me is that you won't acknowledge that almost 40 days ago Nvidia launched their Ampere cards which have orders today that have not been filled. Yet you keep harping on and on about AMD AIB launch in which reviews were release just a few hours ago. The real elephant in the room is not only alive but stinks after nearly 40 days!!! It's sad really. And, I pitty you and your attempts at ignoring something everyone knows because Ampere's release has been over a month now. :p

People holding out for specific cards have not been filled. Many SKUs have actually come back into stock before selling out again. It's all transparently shown at one of the largest etailors. They are delivering hundreds of cards every week and that is just one store.

Again this shows how you are willing to twist reality to suit a purpose. Yes fresh stocks of Ampere sell out again. But at least there are cards to buy if you are fast enough.

If stores actually allowed rdna2 pre-orders when these cards launched over a week ago now, how many of those cards do you think will have been fulfilled by the end of December? It would be a lot less than ampere which actually has a constant supply.

How many people on this forum actually have rx 6800 card? Lots of people had Ampere cards within a week as there were so many SKUs and FE cards.

Instead of actually looking at AMD and seeing the disaster of a launch, you are trying to deflect onto what happened with Ampere which turns out wasn't actually as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom