• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Likely same reason as the one for NVidia FE being nowhere to be seen - they lose money on these. FE/stock cards were just a trick to "prove" to us that MSRP is real. But both companies know it's not - we can already see what actual, real MSRP are currently, for both NVidia and AMD. And it's not a pretty view considering what was promised...
Agreed - its a bait and switch marketing move.

Associate
Oh boy !!!!!!! moderators please !!!!!!!! silence these loonies, i want a gpu not a re run of the last 4 years, please help my head is gonna blow off i tell you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
I spoke to one of the large Dutch retailers today .. they now doubt if their ref orders placed pre-launch will ever be filled. They aren't expecting more than a couple of dozen AIB cards before the end of January at earliest.

AMD have really outdone themselves this time.

Soldato
I spoke to one of the large Dutch retailers today .. they now doubt if their ref orders placed pre-launch will ever be filled. They aren't expecting more than a couple of dozen AIB cards before the end of January at earliest.

AMD have really outdone themselves this time.

Can it really be that bad? I don't understand how failing a serious production issue it could be as bad as that.

Alternatively they rushed to market without production being ramped up. But the thing is this uses the same 7nm process as the 5700 cards and even the same GDDR6. Should have been an easy switch over. It's not like they could only supply the 5700 cards only by the dozen or so.

Associate
Can it really be that bad? I don't understand how failing a serious production issue it could be as bad as that.

Alternatively they rushed to market without production being ramped up. But the thing is this uses the same 7nm process as the 5700 cards and even the same GDDR6. Should have been an easy switch over. It's not like they could only supply the 5700 cards only by the dozen or so.

Take a look at Zen 3 ... this is even worse.

Man of Honour
But then the only explanation is that TSMC have massively reduced capacity.

I suppose it could be the consoles launch causing it.

There is a vast amount of stuff being made on TSMC 7nm right now - as I mentioned before nVidia did a lot of evaluation of cost, availability, etc. for Ampere hence going with Samsung 8nm initially.

Deleted quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
None anywhere in the world it seems. It was a total paper launch from AMD and of course they will claim "we just can't meet demand" but you can't even have claimed to meet any demand at all. Only the youtubers and some review sites got them. The 6800 reference launch was a failure, the AIB launch was a lie.

Frank Azor at AMD has been quiet since the 18th. I suspect Lisa at AMD has told him to **** the **** up.

A genuine **** show beyond all previous **** shows from AMD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom