No faith in Corsair need advice on PSU 850W-1000W

Associate
I'm sorry for your lose, I'm surprised that Corsair has not gone out of their way to support you despite the retailer has been no help. As others said I would push to see if you can get support from them. Complain to them on twitter or open a post of their reddit page. I'm sure the community moderator George would assist you with your issue. In regards to other Power supply manufactures I have personally used the following Silverstone, EVGA and Riotoro. Depending on the SKU they offer 3 years or more on their PSU's

Permabanned
Power supplies in that range seem to have sold out everywhere. I guess maybe either Covid or the new NVIDIA's are to blame.

Soldato
In this instance it's not 100% that the PSU caused the problem, it could have been the mobo or some other component. The PSU should have overload protection, but there is a limit to what this can protect.

Once you have sent the parts back it's kinda out of Corsairs hands unfortunately.

I stopped using that supplier for my personal purchases years ago because of this specific policy.

Associate
I would 100% recommend Seasonic supplies. I have been using 2 X-series, 850W supplies for over 8 years now, in 2 different machines and they have been rock solid, quiet and not had a single problem with them. They still have 2 years of warranty left, and I suspect they'll keep going til the end of days. Yes, you may pay a bit more, but i always consider it a long term investment, especially as you have found, if things go wrong, it can be catastrophic.

Back
Top Bottom