New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
Great stuff. Order from Nov 7th due to arrive today and it shows as out for delivery. The track system didn't even give any due date after it was delayed from the 11th -18th. Those who cancelled may be kicking themselves.

Soldato
I've also got the email from UPS with an expected delivery tomorrow, but on the UPS app it says shipper has created a label but UPS has not received it yet.
So fingers crossed!
Mine said the same last night - it now says due for delivery today. Somehow it started its journey in Tamworth! On its way south to me.

Associate
Got an invoice at 2am, UPS email at 9am and it's just been delivered. Insane turnaround once it's shipped. Let's hope the panel is decent. This was for the A model that I ordered November 6th, the original model I ordered in October says it's still in production.

Associate
Been trying to decide between the Dell S2721DGF or the LG 27GL850-B.
Recently in my country the dell is going for 325€ shipping included.
Amazing price but since I want to use it for PS5 and PC I'm considering waiting on a similar price for the LG since it can downscale 4K.
Also from all your comments it seems dell service is crap and not even talking about the delivery date... 26 January...

Really hoping to find a good deal on the LG now lol

Associate
If you consider S2721DGF/A for new consoles then LG 27GL850-B is a better option as it can accept the 4k signal and downscale it to 2k. If a monitor cannot accept 4k signal (S2721DGFA), it will take 1080p signal and upscale it, which can result in the image being blurry/not sharp.

From the review I gather that the S2721DGFA is overall slightly better than the LG 27GL850-B. Has better contrast, really good for this type of panel (Nano-IPS).

I have bought one S2721DGFA (13 Nov) and one S3220DGF(18 Nov) from Dell and still waiting for delivery.

I have decided to get S3220DGF to be my main gaming monitor as its 165Hz VA, it can take 4k signal and downscale it to 2k, but also the new revision can output 2k 120Hz, so it's perfect for new consoles. I only play in non-competitive games, GTA, AC, WD...

I have bought the S2721DGFA not for games. I will use this IPS panel for programming and will have this in horizontal position.

Associate
People on reddit mention that some folks have received "Dell Returns" packages. Is that the case for you, @dotdrew? Mine is also being delivered today.
Nothing indicating it's a return, it's just the monitor box with a delivery label slapped on. Says it was produced September 2020, must've take a while to ship if that's the case.

Associate
If you consider S2721DGF/A for new consoles then LG 27GL850-B is a better option as it can accept the 4k signal and downscale it to 2k. If a monitor cannot accept 4k signal (S2721DGFA), it will take 1080p signal and upscale it, which can result in the image being blurry/not sharp.

From the review I gather that the S2721DGFA is overall slightly better than the LG 27GL850-B. Has better contrast, really good for this type of panel (Nano-IPS).

I have bought one S2721DGFA (13 Nov) and one S3220DGF(18 Nov) from Dell and still waiting for delivery.

I have decided to get S3220DGF to be my main gaming monitor as its 165Hz VA, it can take 4k signal and downscale it to 2k, but also the new revision can output 2k 120Hz, so it's perfect for new consoles. I only play in non-competitive games, GTA, AC, WD...

I have bought the S2721DGFA not for games. I will use this IPS panel for programming and will have this in horizontal position.

Yeah I agree with you, if only PS5 would add 1440p support then I honestly would go for the Dell without a doubt.
Btw the lack of sRGB mode is a problem or decent calibration settings has been figured for the Dell?

Soldato
Been trying to decide between the Dell S2721DGF or the LG 27GL850-B.
Recently in my country the dell is going for 325€ shipping included.
Amazing price but since I want to use it for PS5 and PC I'm considering waiting on a similar price for the LG since it can downscale 4K.
Also from all your comments it seems dell service is crap and not even talking about the delivery date... 26 January...

Really hoping to find a good deal on the LG now lol

If you can live with the massive stand the LG is probably better, has sRGB clamp and can take 4k input.

Associate
If you can live with the massive stand the LG is probably better, has sRGB clamp and can take 4k input.

Yeah, actually I probably will put it on an arm to gain some space.
The LG just came back on sale for 359€ and already ordered it.
Cancelled the Dell, if either Sony or Dell improve the resolution support might consider the Dell in a future depending on my experience with the LG.

Soldato
Yeah I agree with you, if only PS5 would add 1440p support then I honestly would go for the Dell without a doubt.
Btw the lack of sRGB mode is a problem or decent calibration settings has been figured for the Dell?

Hardware unboxed provided settings for their unit, he did sRGB calibration with a calibrator device. There is also settings on reddit, but those settings I think were more like "it looks like srgb" rather than calibrated.

If it wasnt for the stand I probably would have ordered the LG right of ocuk (as they sell it), although the LG has less contrast ratio than the dell, but on the flip side has better viewing angles. Now I have fixed my sound issue over hdmi I am not as bothered about having a line out port now.

Soldato
Yeah, actually I probably will put it on an arm to gain some space.
The LG just came back on sale for 359€ and already ordered it.
Cancelled the Dell, if either Sony or Dell improve the resolution support might consider the Dell in a future depending on my experience with the LG.

What are these arms people are talking about?

Back
Top Bottom