• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think that one is fake. Or he deleted the tweet.

https://twitter.com/AzorFrank

It is really bad PR. Imagine if an nvidia employee went round doing this trying to refute any problems by showing that stock was available for a couple of minutes at most.

Honestly, if I were in his shoes, I'd just apologise to punters and then shut the **** up for a couple of months. Obviously his parents didn't teach him that discretion is sometimes the better part of valour!

Associate
Of course it is fake, it is already a meme.
6800's are so rare, even Jensen Huang wants one. He already sold his 3090 on Ebay and now he is on Amazon mashing the hell out of F5.

Soldato
People holding out for specific cards have not been filled. Many SKUs have actually come back into stock before selling out again. It's all transparently shown at one of the largest etailors. They are delivering hundreds of cards every week and that is just one store.

Again this shows how you are willing to twist reality to suit a purpose. Yes fresh stocks of Ampere sell out again. But at least there are cards to buy if you are fast enough.

If stores actually allowed rdna2 pre-orders when these cards launched over a week ago now, how many of those cards do you think will have been fulfilled by the end of December? It would be a lot less than ampere which actually has a constant supply.

How many people on this forum actually have rx 6800 card? Lots of people had Ampere cards within a week as there were so many SKUs and FE cards.

Instead of actually looking at AMD and seeing the disaster of a launch, you are trying to deflect onto what happened with Ampere which turns out wasn't actually as bad.
Poor thing, still coping. But that's alright, you got it all out.
:D

I am just saying RTG always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! :p
lol

Soldato
No worries, you've just provided context to all your posts and you are projecting.

Your smileys aren't hiding anything.
For the quarter in review, Nvidia sold at least $175 million worth of new generation GPUs to ethereum miners, helping the outperformance, according to a note from RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves. The analyst had guided sales to miners to come in at $150 million for the quarter.
https://news.bitcoin.com/nvidia-pos...s-of-gpus-to-crypto-miners-reach-175-million/

Quite the contrary. It's comedy gold how Nvidia doesn't care for their own customers who wait in line for a card. As they sell those "thousands" (you said they had) to miners for $175M profit.
And yet that's another thing about AMD Launch that didn't happen. AMD didn't sell much needed skus to miners to make a quick buck. Oh, excuse me...it's a business!!! :p
Best Launch Ever!! ROFL

This actually might explain why there is a shortage. Instead of sending those dies to AIB's to help fill orders they sold them to miners (who can be considered as Nvidia's AIBs who needs the dies for themselves). Unbelievable!!

But no worries, you continue to make my day. And here I thought Cat-The-Fifth was funny. Haa!

But please...continue to ignore the overwhelming evidence of nvidia's greed, consumer contempt and cavalier business practices to throw shade at today's RX6000 series launch. It only reveals how bias you are. And by the way, just because someone didn't get a card doesn't redefined their experience by calling it a paper launch. That's moving the goal post.

Edit:
Should AMD have said, "We will be launching RDNA2 and AIB variants on XXX however, due to constantly shifting logistical challenges across multiple regions and markets do to current worldwide XXX there might be delays. However, we will continue to ship XXX on XXX to meet demand." Of course. Investors might not have liked that but consumers would have been more informed. However, as it stands I simply cannot associate AMD, as easily as I do with Nvidia, with the level of negative connotations that have resulted from said launch (per my prior post with said bullet points).

Therefore, I can wait. There is no rush for me, this 5700xt is working quite well, specially in Watch Dogs: Legion with the performance fix I posted earlier. :D

Last edited:
Associate
No. 3080 will go upscaled 4k, not "full 4k". Stop trying to move the goalposts. DLSS and RT are not in many titles yet. Sure rt in more, but not that many yet.

The 6800xt will be stuck at 1080p as it has the performance of the 2080 ti in RT and no DLSS. There is not that many full DX12u games made. Also because DLSS 2.1 is so good quality wise reviews state the extra performance of DLSS should be counted against the native render at 4k. Why is this a big issue? Because in every game with DLSS, AMD cant match NVidia on performance. This is why AMD are rushing to bring out their DLSS called super resolution which MS is working on. So if AMD is going to use it, then of course it should be counted. Its not anyones fault AMD are late to the party.

Caporegime
It's crazy how hard AMD have failed at their 2020 GPU launches, when Nvidia, who also failed hard, basically handed them a silver spoon. In my local area RX6800's (non-XT's) are more expensive than some 3080 models and they aren't even in stock. The XT's are even 20% more expensive than some 3080 models.

Nvidia definitely had more stock than this at launch, even though in the following weeks stock sucked. However, AMD had virtually no stock at launch and it remains to be seen how freely stock will flow within the next weeks.

One thing is for sure, anyone who got a 3080 at launch for MSRP or close to that is a happy camper. Anyone who got one of the crazily limited reference 6800's at launch for MSRP is a happy camper. Everyone else is not.

You have to be nuts to give £700+ to stores with no delivery date. I mean seriously, why let a company keep your cash in their account for 1-2 months when stock is going to stabilize next year anyway? Just keep your money and be patient, because consumers are currently being taken for a complete ride and pre-ordering blindly is just helping to fuel this madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom