• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yeh they got till next wkend for me, im still 127 in the queue, its ridiculous that Asus said they would raise numbers yet numbers are actually down. Where is the support guy who pops in once in a blue moon, why is he silent after he took time off
Bloody disgrace if you ask me, what a way to treat your customers and so much money aswell.
He actually has came in a few times, pretty sure his last update was last week. He's not silent you just don't read every post

Associate
Done the same as you.

10,000 memory and 2100 on the gpu.

I have hot the power limit, if I want to go further I will need to flash a 390W bios.
Thanks for your help :)

What temp do you get at that power limit? id have to run 100% fan to maintain reasonably temps at 123% power limit on the card, but way too loud.

Associate
@350W it's about 55C
I have my fans full on over 50c

With the fans on normal it would throttle back.

Waiting for Alphacool to do a AIO for this card.

Ah yer, I remember you saying sorry!

Any chance you can test without the fans on full but stock at that instead? Just curious to see what peoples cards temps are getting too @ stock fan. No worries if not (good test if Port Royal or Read Dead 2 - as they seem to really max out the power on the card)

Soldato
Ah yer, I remember you saying sorry!

Any chance you can test without the fans on full but stock at that instead? Just curious to see what peoples cards temps are getting too @ stock fan. No worries if not (good test if Port Royal or Read Dead 2 - as they seem to really max out the power on the card)

It goes to about 70c+ then throttles back.

I never tried again..
The first time my deafness has helped :)

Associate
Is that with the overclock?

I will leave mine as it will go under water soon.
Then I will flash a better bios. What card you got?
I found a YouTuber called Frame Chasers, he has been documenting some insane 3090 mods to power and cooling his card to be fair looks amazing and pulling 800w max under water using shunt mods for daily gaming not suicide btw.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHoFIYK9kuM06Fk5O6iRcw

Associate
Is that with the overclock?

I will leave mine as it will go under water soon.
Then I will flash a better bios. What card you got?

Not at 2100, sits at 1950 with the undervolt (does not budge), happy medium between never maxing power limit and maintaining a nice cool temp.
Without insane fan speed, cant do 2000mhz or above due to always being 118% power or higher and temps go through the roof. So i settled on happy middle ground. (although not played with the voltage curve enough to really try, but dont really care either, its fast.)

tl;dr, these cards need to be water-cooled to really push the clocks (and sustain them), unless you dont mind 100% fan noise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom