Black Friday deals

Soldato
I’ve never understood it but the USB enclosures are cheaper. I’d be happy with either really. I have enclosures. If they popped up more around the £120 mark I might buy four for a NAS and shuck them.

Way ahead of ya :D

uc

Soldato
Bought Eufycam 2C (x2) + Hub (dual CCTV, no power cables, all wireless) and two Echo Spots. One so I can say to Alexa 'show front camera' and the other for the old man for F2F calls :)

Underboss
I actually fancy some Hue bulbs this year - need x2 white hue changers and x2 colour led changers, don't need a bridge bc I won't have over the limit on devices.

I'll keep my eyes open, seems these are often in the deals.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Is a Fire 10 at £90 the best tablet to get under £100? Will be for a 10 year old. Needs Youtube though, I'm assuming it's simple to side load it?

Caporegime
see so many black Friday adverts in online newspapers saying "Save XXX" but don't actually list the price lol...

I'm convinced black friday deals are for people who want a bargain so desperately they will buy something they don't need just because they think they are saving money by spending money..

good luck with your deals, I'm out, seems to be just a big money maker for the last few years.
Yes and no. It depends. If you look at graphs of price over time, there are some genuine all-time low prices that occur only on BF.

There's also a lot of people falling for the age old marketing tricks of "50% off" a price that nobody ever really paid :p

You just have to know your products :) Scanning HUKD and camelcamelcamel (etc) is required, really.

Caporegime
Is a Fire 10 at £90 the best tablet to get under £100? Will be for a 10 year old. Needs Youtube though, I'm assuming it's simple to side load it?

Personally I'd go for the Samsung A range.

Yeah it is dearer but fire tablets all of them are garbage. Thry are painfully slow and not enough ram.

I only use mine when on a plane for 8+ hours.

If I had to use one everyday rather than 2-4 times a year then I'd want something that actually loads stuff quickly and doesn't take forever when doing stuff.

Plus the Samsung will stand the test of time.

Don't get me wrong I buy Amazon fire tablets every other year and sell the old model when they go on sale.

But now I've decided to get rid and got a surface go instead. It's a lot dearer at £600 but much better.

The middle ground would be the Samsung galaxy Tab A for around £180.

Soldato
Personally I'd go for the Samsung A range.

Yeah it is dearer but fire tablets all of them are garbage. Thry are painfully slow and not enough ram.

I only use mine when on a plane for 8+ hours.

If I had to use one everyday rather than 2-4 times a year then I'd want something that actually loads stuff quickly and doesn't take forever when doing stuff.

Plus the Samsung will stand the test of time.

Don't get me wrong I buy Amazon fire tablets every other year and sell the old model when they go on sale.

But now I've decided to get rid and got a surface go instead. It's a lot dearer at £600 but much better.

The middle ground would be the Samsung galaxy Tab A for around £180.

Surface Go as a tablet is pants, much better off with an iPad unless you need Windows. Work gave me one and it was painfully slow with a small screen and thick bezels. Kicked up a fuss to get a Pro and it's much more bearable.

Caporegime
Surface Go as a tablet is pants, much better off with an iPad unless you need Windows. Work gave me one and it was painfully slow with a small screen and thick bezels. Kicked up a fuss to get a Pro and it's much more bearable.

I have a pro too. It's too big for tablet use IMO. It's a great portable laptop. The pro is funny it's great for portability but too big for tablet but too small for proper laptop use. I need a 17 inch screen minimum to work on preferably 22/24 inch but that means docking to a monitor or dual which is what I do.

It's why I got it's smaller brother the go for portability on planes. The pro I would be lugging a laptop literally. I'd much prefer to have my Toshiba or Asus laptop as they are more capable for specific tasks but the pro beats them hands down I terms of size and weight. Again you are now talking about a £1500 product Vs £600 Vs £200 and then the crap fire hd10 at £100.

Don't ask why I have so many laptops I need to sell the Toshiba ideally but it's got the fastest processor out the lot with an i7 but it's also now become redundant. In fact I'm going to use it as my late night podcast laptop as battery life is great vs the Asus.

The go I've given to the wife to use as she complained the Toshiba was too big and heavy. The pro is for work and Asus for gaming.

Caporegime
I am sure I got the 16TB wd drives for around £170 a piece last year or earlier on this year.

Easy to shuck just got a pair of them off hukd when the deal popped up.

Added a 3tb and a 4tb drive iirc then a 2tb or 1tb after that from spare stuff I had lying around.

I probably will never need the 5th drive I should probably just throw it away but might as well use it until it dies.

I have parity in an unraid array so no loss if only one dies.

I probably should have just stuck with the 2. I've only used 8TB and now ran out of stuff to store. So I'm just storing anything I can think of now.

Soldato
I actually fancy some Hue bulbs this year - need x2 white hue changers and x2 colour led changers, don't need a bridge bc I won't have over the limit on devices.

I'll keep my eyes open, seems these are often in the deals.
I thought that. Then quickly bought a hub. Opens up a few options for me linking it to harmony etc.

Only done the lounge. Bedroom next.

Caporegime
Had a crazy Splurge this week, saved a good few 1000 £/SEK

Eufy Doorbell
Wifi Repeater for the Sauna/Gym
65" Philips OLED TV
A spinning bike and Cross trainer
GyM flooring tiles
5 Google Nest Audio Speakers
New Curtains and Accessories x 4
A new CTRL key for my G910 :p
2 Google Chromecast with android TV (if they ever show up from the UK)

Now all i want is
Radiator thermostats x 8 Smart ones
New phone...
Some proper snow boots so i can go play outdoors!
The urge to use the gym and stop being a fat *******.

Back
Top Bottom