• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
i had a problem with my C9 OLED occasionally where the screen would randomly black out for a second or two then come back - very annoying in the middle of a game obviously. I was going to get it swapped but when i spoke to the LG Guru he asked if it was plugged into a multi-adaptor or similar, i said yes. He recommended moving the tv to its own power socket and i havent had the problem since.

Also to anyone buying new cables - look for HDMI 2.1, as 4k/2.0 might not be good enough later down the line.

Soldato
I will wait until 2022. Probably the Black Friday too. By then there will be a handful of exclusives and pricing will be better to.

I can understand that, especially as for now it seems like most of the big exclusives are going to be on PS4 too.

I'm glad I have the 5 though as my Pro sounded like a jet engine, loading times are nigh on non existent now and the pad is great. It'll come down in price in 2 years but I'd rather have 2 years of gaming on a better console for the sake of £150.

V F

V F

Soldato
I can understand that, especially as for now it seems like most of the big exclusives are going to be on PS4 too.

I'm glad I have the 5 though as my Pro sounded like a jet engine, loading times are nigh on non existent now and the pad is great. It'll come down in price in 2 years but I'd rather have 2 years of gaming on a better console for the sake of £150.

Imagine the new Horizon on the PS5 with OLED 65" or bigger, HDR and Ray Tracing. That would be mouth watering.

Soldato
'Im glad I have the 5 though as my Pro sounded like a jet engine, loading times are nigh on non existent now and the pad is great.

Man this is exactly why I got mine.
My Pro was super loud so I sold it. I don't even mind this as a machine mainly PS4 games right now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Yeah. Totally understandable. Also something nice about having the latest and greatest shiny :)

If I never got a RTX 3080 and plan on playing my games on PC, I would be on it from day one. Right now my problem is too many games, not enough time.

Soldato
Finished spider man remastered a couple of days ago. An easy 9/10 for me. Fantastic from start to finish. (Loved the helicopter chase scene, using a generator as a wrecking ball :D )

started MM yesterday! Looking forward to playing it through later.

Soldato
Finished spider man remastered a couple of days ago. An easy 9/10 for me. Fantastic from start to finish. (Loved the helicopter chase scene, using a generator as a wrecking ball :D )

Haven't not played SM, I went into MM blind. I finished it last night. absolutely great game, so well polished. Albeit a little short around 8 hours I would guess for the main story.

Soldato

Spiderman just has the best Villains. I just reached Rykers and it's all kicking off :)

Soldato

Think I'm about 60% of the way through the main story on Remastered. Good story, I've recently had Miles and his part introduced, glad I played this before playing Miles Morales.

Soldato
I'm liking it so far too! came off as pad needed a recharge (yet again honestly finding its battery life terrible)
Battery life has been great for me. Even completing Astro only seemed to knock one bar off the battery.
But I’ve read a lot of people saying PS4 controllers were terrible for battery too and I never had a problem with them or thought of recharging as a pain. I’ve got a long cable (hello ladies) and just plug it in, no biggie! Upgraded to a USB-C to USB-C cable for the PS5 now too.

Soldato
Battery life has been great for me. Even completing Astro only seemed to knock one bar off the battery.
But I’ve read a lot of people saying PS4 controllers were terrible for battery too and I never had a problem with them or thought of recharging as a pain. I’ve got a long cable (hello ladies) and just plug it in, no biggie! Upgraded to a USB-C to USB-C cable for the PS5 now too.

PS4 pads were fine, I never had an issue with them but so far PS5 pad just seems to drain far too quick for my liking, that or the pad battery is duff

Soldato
Think I'm about 60% of the way through the main story on Remastered. Good story, I've recently had Miles and his part introduced, glad I played this before playing Miles Morales.
Aye same here. I’m glad I played the remaster first too ! Edit - edited out small spoiler.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yer, must echo the battery life on the controllers, they do seem to last a long time.
I'm definitely not switching the controller out as often as with the DS4 and I'm definitely using the PS5 an awful lot at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom