Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Don

I'll buy one for you and you buy one for me? <3 x

What is it on Amazon now? It's early to say to be honest as I don't really know what I'm doing. My mrs used to work in a restaurant so knows how to use them but she's in Joburg at the moment. But so far I'm very happy, it wasn't cheap but the coffee tastes great and definitely much better than any instant or pod type machines I've tried.

I'm hovering over the BIN button, just watching a few YT vids first so I will basically be a barista in 20 minutes time

Man of Honour
I'm hovering over the BIN button, just watching a few YT vids first so I will basically be a barista in 20 minutes time
Things I've found out so far on the settings the manual says:

Double shot grinds too much on automatic.
The water that comes out the 'hot' tap isn't hot enough for a cup of tea, or to top up an Americano.
I need to go on YT for some lessons. :D

Soldato
Bought one of these, I've always wanted a decent coffee machine and saw a few had them in here.

b8A19EO.jpg

Got this exact machine last month and I love it. We've not gone to a coffee shop since and we used to visit daily!

Once you've dialed in your settings it's a breeze. I've been using Lavazza Rosa beans the last few weeks (quite nice for off the shelf coffee) and I've found it's perfect if I set the grind to 1 (so quite fine) and I have the ground amount set to about 5 o'clock.

Consistently nice. The pre-infusion gets to a nice level and I get to about 10-11 o'clock on the espresso range

Man of Honour
Bought one of these, I've always wanted a decent coffee machine and saw a few had them in here.

b8A19EO.jpg

I keep thinking I should get something like this. I do love my coffee but I only ever drink it black and I've been given a few "expensive" coffees from machines like this, and in indy coffee shops, and never found they taste better than the other. My palate is pretty unsophisticated in terms of stuff like this, so I feel it would be wasted on me

But then I also feel if I had something live the above, I'd drink better coffee and appreciate it more

TL;DR - talk me in to spending £500

Soldato
TL;DR - talk me in to spending £500

I love my coffee. What you can achieve with a decent machine - and a decent bean to go with it - is consistency. Get the taste & balance you like, and you can pretty much get the same every single time. I don't find that with cheaper machines tbh.

I'm sure there's an element of coffee snobbery about it too. I mean 500 quid is a lot if you 'just' want a coffee isn't it...? Think my Oracle was nearer 2k when I bought it. I'm going to stop thinking about this.

EDITed to add - there's a cheaper option too with the Sage Duo I think, at about 250 quid. You'll need a grinder though for best results.

Man of Honour
if you want better coffee the cheapest route is a decent grinder like the Wilfa Svart and a pour over brewer like the v60 - for £120 you can then make top notch filter coffee that'll blow chain coffee out of the water. If you want espresso or frothy milk drinks you do need a machine and the sage isn't a bad staring point (although i'd argue there are better)

Soldato
They are great machines aren't they. I loved mine - when it broke (after a lot of use to be fair), I replaced it with the Sage Oracle.

Who do you use for coffee beans? My go to has been York Emporium and more lately Strike Coffee - think they're fairly new.

I do love mine and I'm already eye balling the next move. Something like the dual boiler would be lovely

that Oracle looks amazing. I winced at £550 when we got our Barista express but now seeing how much use we get out of it Id happily spend double that when it comes to replacement time

Don
if you want better coffee the cheapest route is a decent grinder like the Wilfa Svart and a pour over brewer like the v60 - for £120 you can then make top notch filter coffee that'll blow chain coffee out of the water. If you want espresso or frothy milk drinks you do need a machine and the sage isn't a bad staring point (although i'd argue there are better)

I ordered one anyway, it can keep all the other sage stuff I've 'invested' in :p

If it's as good as the microwave i bought last BF then it's in good company :cool:

Soldato
I ordered one anyway, it can keep all the other sage stuff I've 'invested' in :p

If it's as good as the microwave i bought last BF then it's in good company :cool:

What makes a microwave good? I admit, I don't have one and can't envisage why I'd ever get one but it perplexes me that something like a microwave could be considered good or bad. They are pretty basic. It's a bit like saying this kettle is great, whereas that one isn't.

But, in the spirit of wanting to spend some money I'm all ears! :D

Don
What makes a microwave good? I admit, I don't have one and can't envisage why I'd ever get one but it perplexes me that something like a microwave could be considered good or bad. They are pretty basic. It's a bit like saying this kettle is great, whereas that one isn't.

But, in the spirit of wanting to spend some money I'm all ears! :D

I thought the same till I used one round a friends house, It does everything for you, way more than just heating food:

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/microwaves/bmo700.html

odd you mentioned kettles, I have one of them too

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/tea/bke825.html

and a juicer and a food processor :p

Soldato
I thought the same till I used one round a friends house, It does everything for you, way more than just heating food:

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/microwaves/bmo700.html

odd you mentioned kettles, I have one of them too

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/tea/bke825.html

and a juicer and a food processor :p

"Everything", but you have a kettle as well? And a kettle with a "5 varietal" setting no less. So you can have hot water, hot water, hot water, hot water or hot water. My goodness.

I've got some Sage™© Magic Beans for sale.

I think I'll stick to my kettle which I can either have on or off.

I must admit, the Sage Coffee machine we're talking about does look good. Shame my D'longhi bean to cup is still working as looks like a great replacement for that.

Don
"Everything", but you have a kettle as well? And a kettle with a "5 varietal" setting no less. So you can have hot water, hot water, hot water, hot water or hot water. My goodness.

I've got some Sage™© Magic Beans for sale.

I think I'll stick to my kettle which I can either have on or off.

I must admit, the Sage Coffee machine we're talking about does look good. Shame my D'longhi bean to cup is still working as looks like a great replacement for that.

It's all good, each to their own :)

Back
Top Bottom