** LG 27GL850 EARLY BLACK FRIDAY... BOOM... SAVE £150 **

Associate
I Need 2 x monitors for my son's Christmas present / gaming build Will hopefully be driven by an RX 6800xt if i can snag one at launce (or by christmas) On a MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk / R7 5800x (which i was lucky to snag last week at launch)

These look to be pretty good panels at a very reasonable price.... what's the likelihood of them actually arriving in stock and therefore to me before Christmas.. I can't afford to put out £700 then have to wait for a refund if they don't look likely to arrive nearer the time

ETA 27th November

Soldato
is this monitor really that good? seen a lot about it, dying to pre order, gonna be running a 5800x. 3080 with it if i do order it

Check the reviews on TFT Central or Youtube. It's supposed to be a top notch IPS 144Hz screen. I recently ordered the Dell S2721DGFA which is apparently the same panel but has 165Hz. Can't wait to test it out.

Associate
I did get mine and it looks nice. Arrived without additional box/covering and a small dent in side :rolleyes:. Luckily I was in as having that left outside house is a broadcast of what it was.
I have off at the moment though as when running my MW on old 24" 1080 144mhz PC while having the GL850 as side monitor I get weird laggy delay on mouse movement in game. Turn gl850 monitor off and its fine... guess my 1060 can't handle game and other 1440p at same time.
waiting on a 3070 or 6800 to complete build and make use of new screen :)

edit
While responding another provider had stock of asus 3070 and I managed to bag one before out of stock, which was in about 2 minutes!!
Should arrive tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Associate
Same as
I was just about to order two as well... @NikTheSHNIK @Gibbo is it still possible for me to order 2 at the price advertised here?
Same as, was just waiting for them to come into stock, would rather go without than pay the new silly high price... The Indian food place will have them in stock again hopefully soon, or at the new price the new MSI ips monitor incoming is a better monitor apparently.

Associate
Funny old year. Two days before Black Friday and the BF deals have already ended :D

It's certainly a challenging end of the year if you want a decent 1440p gaming monitor! Each time I'm about to choose one it goes out of bloody stock.

Same problem with rtx 3080 and 6800xt - ps5 & xbox and 5000series cpu's. One thing for sure is just how many greedy scalpers there are and most shops aren't much better taking advantage as well with greedy pricing.

Caporegime
It's certainly a challenging end of the year if you want a decent 1440p gaming monitor! Each time I'm about to choose one it goes out of bloody stock.

Same problem with rtx 3080 and 6800xt - ps5 & xbox and 5000series cpu's. One thing for sure is just how many greedy scalpers there are and most shops aren't much better taking advantage as well with greedy pricing.
Yeah I missed out on the Dell s2721 offer by about 3 days, lol. I'm sure it'll come again.

One thing is certain - when I do buy, I won't pay full price :p

Associate
Yeah I missed out on the Dell s2721 offer by about 3 days, lol. I'm sure it'll come again.

One thing is certain - when I do buy, I won't pay full price :p
I've got a dell on order but don't want to wait till the end of January. I gave my half decent 27" ips to my kid:o thinking I would have no trouble getting one. Now I'm stuck on a 15 year old 24" TN panel and it's not enjoyable.
Fingers crossed some of the new ones turn up or the lg or dell come back in stock

Caporegime
I've got a dell on order but don't want to wait till the end of January. I gave my half decent 27" ips to my kid:o thinking I would have no trouble getting one. Now I'm stuck on a 15 year old 24" TN panel and it's not enjoyable.
Fingers crossed some of the new ones turn up or the lg or dell come back in stock
Dell (or rather one of their CSAs) told me a couple days back you won't be able to get an S2721 until February (from them).

The LG appears sold out everywhere. I expect if it comes back in stock it will be after the deals have ended :p

Associate
FYI the GL model is 2019 MY, LG have released a 2020 MY called LG 27GN850-B. Not in stock in many places either but supposedly fixes a few of the shortfalls of the previous version.

Back
Top Bottom