Received an empty box from Amazon Warehouse

Soldato
If only there was some physical place you could go to and exchange your cash for goods in person without entering this self inflicted lottery?

Permabanned
I ordered a Tello Boost Combo (drone) for my son for Christmas from Amazon Warehouse advertised "Used - Like New". Bit of damage to the box, but otherwise in decent condition... except someone had clearly flown it and landed in some grass as there was green residue on the prop guards and props. After testing it to make sure it all worked (it was fine), I had a moan at them, and they gave me a further 20% discount :D. A quick wipe down with some cotton wool buds & isopropyl, and it's good as new :)

Also ordered a Sony Android Auto head unit for the car - reduced from £320 to £250 in "Used - Very Good" condition. Looks like it had literally been opened and sent straight back, none of the internal packaging was opened. Bargain.

If you can get a decent discount then it's always worth trying IMO

I've found this with them too. That sometimes they offer crazy bargains but you really have to watch them ( no pun intended ). They have a policy of selling items as used even if they have not been used and have clearly just been returned. I mean I have bought "used" items from them that have clearly never been opened. It's always worth a try because if you have issue you can always return the item.

Soldato
Had the same last week with an Amazon Warehouse order. I was refunded +£5 gift card. Seems they have some fraud / theft going on. Probably an Xmas temp.

Associate
Had the same last week with an Amazon Warehouse order. I was refunded +£5 gift card. Seems they have some fraud / theft going on. Probably an Xmas temp.

Always hear of these cases but I've never had a problem like it and I've used the warehouse all the time.

Soldato
Had a similar case with Acado, bought Phillips sonic toothbrush but received dove shower gel gift pack. Took about a week to sort out, very annoying as I didn't film opening parcel so had no way to prove I wasn't lying.

Soldato
OP
Just gets better and better. Amazon refusing to refund and asking for police report numbers. On the phone to the police now, what a load of ****. Really don't want to be wasting police time with this but I'm out £70 because of some amazon warehouse tramp.

Associate
Daughter has just opened an Amazon warehouse delivery of some expensive £90+ Corsair Headset for PS4 to find someone's done a switcheroo and in the box is a much cheaper set.

Soldato
Just gets better and better. Amazon refusing to refund and asking for police report numbers. On the phone to the police now, what a load of ****. Really don't want to be wasting police time with this but I'm out £70 because of some amazon warehouse tramp.

You'll probably find the police won't give a crime reference number and you'll end up in an endless back and forth between the police and Amazon.

I'm really not sure if things at Amazon have become significantly worse, or we're just seeing more reports of it now due to the additional volume as a result of lockdown and the drastic shift towards online purchasing.

I've been lucky so far, I shop at amazon several times a month and everything has turned up, including many high value electronic items which would be a prime target for insider theft.

Soldato
OP
So I've been getting the run around with the cops, saying that they can't really prove a theft has happened so I need to contact Amazon back and get them to investigate their warehouse as they will know far more than the cops will.

I've told them at Amazon and also cc'd [email protected] in the email. That must have put the shitz up someone at the customer service because they are now completely different, apologizing and offering refund now. Will see if it goes through !

Associate
Expect to hear and see more of this over the coming few days due to Black Friday and over Christmas, especially as more people will be buying online vs in person at a store.
I can see lots of companies being difficult about refunding due to this type of scam

Man of Honour
Not just Amazon - someone I know sourced a bunch of NVME drives for their business from 2-3 different retailers - about 1/3rd are either empty boxes, padded out with cardboard or have been opened and returned with someone's old drive in the box.

Associate
its a shame when you have to resort to filming yourself opening boxes to protect against this sort of thing.
What happens if you order gifts and have them sent direct to the recipient, do you also send them instructions to film themselves opening it too.
Not sure what the solution is, if warehouses start putting in cameras in to film events at work there will be uproar from employees too.
I think businesses will have to do something though as either they will lose out money due to refunds or end up losing customers if they are difficult in refunding the customer.
This will only increase as we have more online retailing and people wfh

Back
Top Bottom