***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Blimey 5 copies of the Saturn... why? (Investment?)

To resell at a higher price after the production ends. You can get good money for mint out of production lego sets. They have to be popular with collectors though. The original millennium Falcon mint in box was going for thousands the last time I checked.

The oddity with that one is that they bought it back immediately after EoLing it because of customer demand.

Caporegime
They're bringing back quite a few limited sets again. Whether this is to simply make money, deter greedy investors or fend off the Chinese fakes is anyone's guess but for their target demographic, kids and young adults who enjoy playing with Lego, this is a fantastic move.

Soldato
They're bringing back quite a few limited sets again. Whether this is to simply make money, deter greedy investors or fend off the Chinese fakes is anyone's guess but for their target demographic, kids and young adults who enjoy playing with Lego, this is a fantastic move.

Fully agreed.

I bought the second set to keep for years, and perhaps one day pass to my boys :)

Soldato
Blimey 5 copies of the Saturn... why? (Investment?)

That was me. Picked them up for £55 each on a JL deal and they were selling for £180 each, now going for around £140.

Quite simply, I pay for my own Lego by selling Lego. I know some people wont agree with it, but i wouldn't be able to buy the kits I have without doing this. I have thousands of pounds worth of lego that has paid for itself effectively. Some examples below;

Bought two Pet Shops for £99 each, sold one for £289.
Bought two Brick Banks for £90 each, sold one for £299
Bought 6 F40s for an average of £60 each, sold 5 of them for prices varying between £192 and £310 each
Bought 2 Unimog for £99, sold one for £330

Soldato
I'm hoping for a sale or either the batmobile or batwing (or both:D).

Not a chance. Lego.com Black Friday and sales in general are terrible.

There might be one large set on offer which will be a fairly slow seller and a load of cheaper stuff that is EOL at the end of the year.

Anyone remember may the 4th ‘sale’? All that was on offer was a few cheap sets that they couldn’t shift. Any decent lego discounts happen elsewhere like Smyths, Argos, Amazon(check all EU stores) and John Lewis.

Associate
You can currently get the Technic Sian for 189.99 from Costco at the moment. Need to use the £10 off code to get this price.

Ordered myself one as I can’t see it getting much cheaper than this.

Soldato
I know I've stopped buying Lego, and sold most of it, only have Ghostbusters firehouse and original Ecto 1 set left, but I might have to buy that new Ecto 1 kit once it comes back in stock.

Soldato
So they release the Sian with higher part count than this Ferrari? Lego have lost their minds.
I’m not sure what your getting at, this isn’t in the same tier as the Sian, Bugatti or Porsche.

Those ‘ultimate’ technic cars have a much higher RRP and are far bigger sets.

This is in line with the ‘large’ technic sets in terms of price and piece count. Think Porsche RSR not Porsche 911.

Soldato
I’m not sure what your getting at, this isn’t in the same tier as the Sian, Bugatti or Porsche.

Those ‘ultimate’ technic cars have a much higher RRP and are far bigger sets.

This is in line with the ‘large’ technic sets in terms of price and piece count. Think Porsche RSR not Porsche 911.
Yes that's the point....
I want a higher part count,they decided to give that to the Sian over the more well known Ferrari.

Soldato
Well I think it’s clear lego have an established relationship with the VAG to produce those models.

They need to produce other models at other price points at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom