***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
I don’t disagree. :p All those stickers, and technic doesn’t appeal to me these days.

The Sian is down to £200 on Amazon at the moment.

I don't like any of the cars apart from maybe the entry level ones to get young minds on the Technic ladder. Technic should be for making stuff like the cranes, diggers, that excavator thing, etc. Gears, sprockets, pneumatics, motors, all the cool stuff. Not only is Technic seriously selling itself short by building cars which all do the same things, they also don't do the cars justice as Lego doesn't lend itself well to the shapes and forms of the cars they're trying to emulate. The Porsche RS was the worst, it looked terrible.

I see Lego has now started to remedy this by just making unique pieces for each car.

Soldato
I ordered the Ecto and a few little bits and pieces to get the two GWPs. the teal brick is okay, but I think the Dickens thing will look cool once built.

Was gonna potentially use the VIP points to put towards the Nintendo, but as they dont get added until the Ecto ships (9th December my date was) and Nintendo had it for 15% off I decided to order it from there instead.

Not sure if there is anything I now want in the BF sale

Soldato
Well Lego black Friday was a bit of an anti-climax as usual. I did pick up the VW camper van before it disappears, I think it's the only one of that range which I don't have and apparently its EOL now. According to brick watch its been £4 cheaper at some point, I can live with that. Had £25 in points saved up so ended up costing £43

Looking at what's in the sale, I think most of it is now EOL and probably could have been had cheaper elsewhere.

Soldato
Hi everyone. I've dug my lego out of the attic from when I was younger (I guess it's all 1990-2000ish) and

This got me thinking - there look to be more efficient battery/motor setups than in my sets.

I have https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2847c01 and https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=5114-1 6xAAA batteries :eek:

Are the newer battery packs/motors backwards compatible? The motors are pretty compact, but the battery packs are massive and take loads of batteries!

I think i'm going to build this set up over Christmas :D

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8485-1

Associate
Cool thing.

Are the newer battery packs/motors backwards compatible?

I think you might need a cable to convert them to use with modern power functions battery packs etc , but I'm not 100% sure.

The price of power functions stuff has gone through the roof since it was discontinued and costs silly money on rebrickable now.

I use Mould King stuff. Their 2.4 Bluetooth battery box and Black Furious motors are much more powerful than the latest Powered Up App controlled stuff from Lego.

Also prefer using a remote control operating unit rather than using a phone like Lego do now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pirates of Barracuda Bay came up at a local online shop for £155 so I thought it’d be rude not to!
Good deal, I just built the new 3 in 1 pirate ship with my eldest and it took me right back to building the original lego Barracuda I’m sure we I’ll be adding that set if it is ever at a decent price.

The 3in1 ship is a great build for anyone interested my sons loves it too.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Good deal, I just built the new 3 in 1 pirate ship with my eldest and it took me right back to building the original lego Barracuda I’m sure we I’ll be adding that set if it is ever at a decent price.

Picked that up for 30% off as well; will add it to my 5-year-old's Christmas pile. Thx for the tip!

Associate

I'd really want to have 3 of those models so you could build all 3 versions and keep them.

Back
Top Bottom