Spec me a new vacuum cleaner, please!

Soldato
I agree, love mine!

I know of 3 other households who own a V11 and not a single one of them has a bad word to say about it. If anything two of them convinced me that the £550 was totally worth it. And it was

it's almost like the people who actually own and use them on a daily basis know what they're talking about :o

Associate
As a headup my GF has a £300 or £350 Shark cordless for less a year and wants rid of it as it's not great for hair or general carpet suction apparently and feels it was a waste, but they do a hair version which I'm sure would be better, but still.

If you get a Henry the Xtra version isn't much more but is extra capacity and with the excellent pro tools kit included. If feel with the EU restrictions bagged is the way to go for most power efficiency, unless you want to spend £500+.

Caporegime
Bloke is a middle aged man flexing on the internet about how well he's doing with his "investments" yet buys everything second hand and thinks a 4k projector is the pinnacle of achievement, whilst selling second hand gym equipment on an internet classified is an amazing investment strategy. He lives in a family home with 600 other people and probably knows the rythm of his mum's head banging on the headboard to the point of not even noticing it anymore, but labels any white/british (all the same apparently) as losers for getting out of the house at a young age and standing on their own two feet.

Says it all I think?

I'll leave it at that for reasons best left untold :D

200.gif

Soldato
I did waste ten minutes of my life typing out a point by point answer to his post explaining how wrong he was, I even found links to back it up. I then remembered that I'm better than that and deleted it.

Soldato
I did waste ten minutes of my life typing out a point by point answer to his post explaining how wrong he was, I even found links to back it up. I then remembered that I'm better than that and deleted it.

As far as I am concerned Diddums is champion of the Forums for today.

He lives in a family home with 600 other people and probably knows the rythm of his mum's head banging on the headboard to the point of not even noticing it anymore

This is the sort of thing Shakespeare would be proud of. This is how you use the English language! That headboard line brings a tear to my eye :D

Soldato
Never had a Hnery Hoover before are they any good? Also, i assume these uses bags?

They're probably the best at their respective price point. I actually got my Grandmother a Hetty the other day as her other vacuum was terrible.

They're well built, no frills and hard sucking. Remember the days when we used to go to an office? All the cleaners would use a Henry or the bigger one. There is a reason for that

They do use bags

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Never had a Hnery Hoover before are they any good? Also, i assume these uses bags?

Henry are great. Mine has gone from clearing up building rubble / plaster dust to vacuuming the carpet the next day. They're designed to be replaceable if they break, all the parts including motors are cheap to buy and simple to fit. I don't use a bag with mine.

For versatility they can't be beat. I'm sure top end Sharks/Miele's will be better, but they cost a lot more.

I wouldn't suggest you buy one if you have cocaine lying around, he can't help himself :(.

Associate
That just made me snort beer up my nose as I was taking a swill. Cheers.

We have an original Henry that we keep in the garage for DIY and car clean up. Still as good as new after 20 years use. It's the original one with the bigger motor , made before the EU cobbled the power of all vacuum cleaners. Bloody hard work to use as a cleaner around the house though.

Love our Shark. It literally pulls you along behind it. Effortless to use.

Man of Honour

They use bags, but they're very big bags and a widely used standard size so they can be bought from a variety of manufacturers at a low price. You can get HEPA filtration ones, pretty much whatever you want from a vacuum cleaner bag. You can also use them without a bag, if you prefer. There's a removable interior container where whatever you vacuum up goes. The bag fits inside it.

There's nothing fancy about Henry vacuum cleaners. They're designed to be simple and robust and they do that well. An effective vacuum cleaner, a very long power lead on a spindle inside the machine, a long suction hose with a variety of attachments. Straightforward. Will last for donkey's years. Usually repairable if it does break. Can be used for pretty much anything. Sand, dirt, plaster, whatever. They're very widely used commercially because they're robust and effective.

Soldato
DC25 Dyson still going 10 years on, had some right abuse hoovering up all sort of rubble, sawdust, small stones etc. Had a refurb/service a few years back and new filters every so often.

Mrs just picked up something similar for £75 from Argos which has notably more suction (unsurprisingly) but colours and a few design tweaks aside, they're the same - one was just 70% cheaper.

Caporegime
DC25 Dyson still going 10 years on, had some right abuse hoovering up all sort of rubble, sawdust, small stones etc. Had a refurb/service a few years back and new filters every so often.

Mrs just picked up something similar for £75 from Argos which has notably more suction (unsurprisingly) but colours and a few design tweaks aside, they're the same - one was just 70% cheaper.

The old Dysons were not only more powerful but were when Dyson was actually a quality product. The only time I will ever get rid of my DC07 is when they stop making parts for it. I am sure if they didn't have to build towards regulations they would be more powerful vacuums but to date it is still one of the most powerful around and with two children, three cars and a border collie this is the most important stat to me.

Back
Top Bottom