Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
I keep thinking I should get something like this. I do love my coffee but I only ever drink it black and I've been given a few "expensive" coffees from machines like this, and in indy coffee shops, and never found they taste better than the other. My palate is pretty unsophisticated in terms of stuff like this, so I feel it would be wasted on me

But then I also feel if I had something live the above, I'd drink better coffee and appreciate it more

TL;DR - talk me in to spending £500
I have the sage barista express and it's my prized possession. HOWEVER! I also prefer black coffee and I'll echo what Siliconslave said: the £30 hand bean grinder and £30 aeropress I had before the sage made better tasting black coffee. The sage machine just makes it a whole lot easier and tastes almost as good, and you can make espresso and frothy milk drinks too.

Soldato
if you want better coffee the cheapest route is a decent grinder like the Wilfa Svart and a pour over brewer like the v60 - for £120 you can then make top notch filter coffee that'll blow chain coffee out of the water. If you want espresso or frothy milk drinks you do need a machine and the sage isn't a bad staring point (although i'd argue there are better)

I've followed the espresso thread for many years - and have a pretty decent pour over setup. What would you say was a better setup for espresso based drinks? I've been eyeing the sage stuff for a while...

For the same or similar price!

Last edited:
Soldato
How many tickets are you buying? No one can be that lucky surely?
You say that but i think ive won prizes in 4 OCUK competitions over the last 6 years.

WoW Wotlk and random goodies - 1st place but sold Wotlk as i dont play WoW
OCUK Mouse Mat and Mug - 2nd place and use both daily, 1st place was a sweet monitor
Corsair Void wireless headset - 1st place and sold it as i found it to be shockingly bad
2080ti FE - 1st place and in my rig as bizarrely only about half a dozen people entered

Soldato
I thought the same till I used one round a friends house, It does everything for you, way more than just heating food:

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/microwaves/bmo700.html

odd you mentioned kettles, I have one of them too

https://www.sageappliances.com/uk/en/products/tea/bke825.html

and a juicer and a food processor :p

You've gone more sage mad than I have! I wanted the bigger kettle but wasn't allowed!

Y6jf.jpg

That's out little sage corner. We were going to get the pressure cooker too but decided to get the pressure king instead.

Man of Honour
I've followed the espresso thread for many years - and have a pretty decent pour over setup. What would you say was a better setup for espresso based drinks? I've been eyeing the sage stuff for a while...

Depends on the budget & what your looking to do but roughly:
£500ish - Gaggia Classic or Lelit Anna machine + Iberital MC2 grinder (or look at second hand)
£1000ish - change grinder up for a Eureka Mignon or Niche Zero
£1250 ish - change the machine upto a Lelit MaraX, Fracino Cherub or ACS Minima

a separate grinder gives you both a better grind (the most important part) and flexibility to upgrade

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

New monitor to replace my 5yr old 34" 60hz model. Good discount at 350gbp BF deal plus a 5% voucher.
Yb1G3Ibh.jpg

Got a 100gbp voucher with my new AEG induction hob to spend on the AEG store so got a few pots and pans (wanted some roasting tins but were oos) - hob actually hasn't arrived yet! First impressions are that they are good quality.
S2sis2sh.jpg

Soldato
Also the value of raffle tickets sold is at least double the price of the item new.

So £3000+ of raffle tickets for a £1500 item.

Therefore law of averages says you cannot beat them. Sure he probably has been lucky and extremely so but if anyone else did similar they would likley be down a grand or more.

I certainly wouldn't entertain any of these raffles.

This just in:

Companies doing raffles need to make money.

Caporegime
Bloody hell, haven't used an AEG appliance in about 28 years. We had an AEG hoover, all I remember of it was the spinny brush thing which one day removed all the skin from my finger. That thing was indestructible.

Soldato
Depends on the budget & what your looking to do but roughly:
£500ish - Gaggia Classic or Lelit Anna machine + Iberital MC2 grinder (or look at second hand)
£1000ish - change grinder up for a Eureka Mignon or Niche Zero
£1250 ish - change the machine upto a Lelit MaraX, Fracino Cherub or ACS Minima

a separate grinder gives you both a better grind (the most important part) and flexibility to upgrade

I worked as a barista at uni and I'd absolutely love to be able to own a La Marzocco one day, something like the Linea Mini, but at £3700 you'd need some serious spare cash lying around to justify it!

Soldato
Got a 100gbp voucher with my new AEG induction hob to spend on the AEG store so got a few pots and pans (wanted some roasting tins but were oos) - hob actually hasn't arrived yet! First impressions are that they are good quality.

I got that pan set free with my Hob too, sadly no paste thing :(

The pans are decent enough, but i've noticed that things stick a lot more than our old Ikea pans.

Back
Top Bottom