• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Now has never been a better time to chin PC gaming off, Series X and PS5 are to good in comparison to how expensive PC Hardware and gaming on that platform has become.
If your only consideration is cost PC was always a poor choice so there's not too much change there, just don't buy the latest graphic cards and move on.

It's kinda irrelevant though, what good does a cheap console do me if the games I want to play are on PC? Games dictate my platforms not vice versa.

Quite. All the games I want to play are on PC and I loathe console interfaces. Also, the PC is actually a cheaper platform as I would have a PC anyway so the hardware cost is close to zero.

Associate
End of the day all we can all do is our best and a lot of people are going to have to learn to be patient.

There belies the problem, people very rarely are patient. If they can’t get what they want right away they moan and groan like mad believing it will get them what they want, now.

We need to start manufacturing ’chill pills’ and make them mandatory for the contrast moaners.

Associate
I was just reviewing the prices of the AIB 6800xt cards, do you think now the 3080s look a more attractive propasition, the AMD card were supposed to be cheaper but now they as expensive or more so than the 3080s, i dont know what i am doing now ?. i think im going in the loft and getting my Vic 20 out, i didnt have these problems back then, Please help im going a bit crackers !!!!!!

Associate
I was just reviewing the prices of the AIB 6800xt cards, do you think now the 3080s look a more attractive propasition, the AMD card were supposed to be cheaper but now they as expensive or more so than the 3080s, i dont know what i am doing now ?. i think im going in the loft and getting my Vic 20 out, i didnt have these problems back then, Please help im going a bit crackers !!!!!!

yeah the AIB AMD cards have put them in a price bracket that i wouldnt enter. The reference models at RRP are the best bet. in particular the 3070.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Which is why they are introducing PBO 2 with automatic undervolting for their CPUs - more performance without increasing TDP and power usage. :)
yeah AMD are definitely finding way to squeeze every ounce of performance from their hardware. It's a smart approach, even if it does somewhat limit what enthusiasts can do to get that 'free extra performance' that they used to be so proud about.

Associate
yeah AMD are definitely finding way to squeeze every ounce of performance from their hardware. It's a smart approach, even if it does somewhat limit what enthusiasts can do to get that 'free extra performance' that they used to be so proud about.

But at the same time for the average Joe that wants plug and play its amazing

Associate
yeah the AIB AMD cards have put them in a price bracket that i wouldnt enter. The reference models at RRP are the best bet. in particular the 3070.

Anything at RRP is the best bet.

There were 10+ 3070 ASUS TUFs on OCUK earlier for £650, they've all been sold. The demand is there and people will pay it unfortunately.

I still don't get why people are trying to compare AMD and nVidia pricing right now when they're both sold out in the extreme.

If anyone's lucky enough to get something under £50 over RRP then you've done very well.

Associate
I was extremely looking forward to at least pre-order the 6800 or 6800XT. Thankfully i just managed to nab a 3070 FE from the other place earlier today. AMD really did manage to balls up the launch....

Soldato
@Shovinus - Read online today that a high street electronics chain listed their PS5s at £2,000 online but e-mailed genuine pre-order customers a discount code to reduce it to the correct value to beat the bots/scalpers. Thought it was another good idea to combine with the pre-order raffle idea.

Associate

I don't think it's changed anything really, there are specific situations where one card is better than the other so having more options is good for us.

In the long run it'll help meet some of the demand, you stand a better chance of getting say a 3080 if a bunch of potential buyers have already gone for AMD and vice versa but that's irrelevant until these supply issues are resolved.

Associate
I see a number of 3090 cards are now available for pre-order. Unfortunately they are a little OTT price wise for me. Hopefully some more "reasonable" hardware will follow on.

Soldato
Absolute madness. It's never been worse.

Hugely over inflated hardware pricing, disgusting price gouging, zero stock anywhere, boring monitors and very average games all year round.

Now has never been a better time to chin PC gaming off, Series X and PS5 are to good in comparison to how expensive PC Hardware and gaming on that platform has become.

If they supported keyboard and mouse I would.

Associate

There were 10+ 3070 ASUS TUFs on OCUK earlier for £650, they've all been sold. The demand is there and people will pay it unfortunately.

I still don't get why people are trying to compare AMD and nVidia pricing right now when they're both sold out in the extreme.

If anyone's lucky enough to get something under £50 over RRP then you've done very well.

Yeah exactly, its madness that people are paying it.

Associate
I don't think it's changed anything really, there are specific situations where one card is better than the other so having more options is good for us.

In the long run it'll help meet some of the demand, you stand a better chance of getting say a 3080 if a bunch of potential buyers have already gone for AMD and vice versa but that's irrelevant until these supply issues are resolved.
Thanks Deathstorm for that information, i run a 5700xt at present water cooled with 3 rads and 9 fans, the noise is driving me mad but it works ok, i think i will invest in some ear plugs and wait till next year, evrything just seems to driving me a bit bonkers do lally at the momment, I didnt have these problems with my atari 800, Regards

Associate

Ignore my comment, i misread your post. You are correct about the pricing

Back
Top Bottom