• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Zdb

Zdb

Associate
So yes. It is political and whenever someone tries to make Brexit out to be bigger than it is... it's usually because of their own political bias's rather than the cold hard facts. Even more 'annoying' when they say 'not to be political'. It's like saying 'Don't mean to be rude, but.... *followed by rude af statement*'

I don't really care about Brexit, I live in Scotland and soon enough we'll make our own decisions - again, not political just stating facts. As for Brexit - it was never about facts, it was about taking back control... something I fully agree with and hope to apply to my own country soon enough.

The problem with trade, is that agreements take a long time. We can have an agreement with Taiwan as the UK, but they haven't started yet. You mentioned talking about facts, Iceland - per your example - are part of EFTA, European Free Trade Association, a grouping of four non-EU European countries, and is also part of the European Economic Area (EEA). They'll have no friction importing AMD CPUs from a core distributor - as I doubt there are many flights from Taiwan laden with AMD CPUs for Keflavik - but they'll go to a core hub, then distribute from there to UK Distributors probably... but from Schipol or Frankfurt to Iceland has no friction... to the UK it'll have tariffs and admin - as it stands today. Anyone who used Heathrow as a hub, now will be considering not using Heathrow post-Jan because of said friction. Its likely that only good destined for the UK will arrive in the UK, and we'll have no distribution hubs for air freight... I'm not stating this due to political bias, its just a fact. The trade agreement with the EU if negotiated negates all these issues... if they don't negotiate, or add some tariff/admin, it'll have some impact. January won't be a great time to be trying to expediate anything into the UK isn't bias, its just a fact for anyone planning imports... March might be fine though.

Sorry if I pricked your bias on Brexit not being a "big thing...".

Soldato
It is the inability of AMD to work like a normal corporate really... I was checking competition now and they are getting peanuts number of CPUs.

:(

You do realise that everything is being effected due to Covid, coupled with ridiculous demand ?

Hell, I ordered some industrial control panels February and they only arrived yesterday :eek: To put that in perspective they are usually a week at most!

Associate
:(

You do realise that everything is being effected due to Covid, coupled with ridiculous demand ?

Hell, I ordered some industrial control panels February and they only arrived yesterday :eek: To put that in perspective they are usually a week at most!

I feel some online bye do forget the logistics chain and your right even AMD have said its there largest launch and demand

Associate
So teh story of the 5900X so far:
First @Gibbo told us 300PC's of 5900X coming first week
then pushed to the 24th
told in interim 85pc of 5900x were ordered from grey market
now we are told earliest we get just 200 not 385pc is December

this is really starting to stink like the people at OCUK don't know what is going on with their logistics partners.

Associate
this is really starting to stink like the people at OCUK don't know what is going on with their logistics partners.

It’s the exact same story everywhere, even at the competitors with better communication. Logistics are a mess at the moment and nobody is getting stock on the expected dates or at the expected quanitity.

OcUK Staff
OP
So teh story of the 5900X so far:
First @Gibbo told us 300PC's of 5900X coming first week
then pushed to the 24th
told in interim 85pc of 5900x were ordered from grey market
now we are told earliest we get just 200 not 385pc is December

We know exactly what is going on.

Those first 300pc got delayed by AMD, they have been delayed again and are coming from a master distributor, why the date keeps slipping is unknown.

These 200pc are from another master disti and have shipped from that warehouse today and will arrive in our warehouse tomorrow and have a scheduled booking in slot next week which warehouse will pull forward if they can.

So far we have already had 199 units arrive and get shipped out, this includes launch volume.

Right now we have 1066 orders outstanding to ship with 200 due next week, were still owed the 300 which the dates keep slipping on and 85 units are still due to arrive this week / next week on grey product.

As such based on the 200 + 85 we know have shipped that will mean we have shipped just shy of 500 units to our customers, probably better than any competitor can say, when those 300 owed land, that will be near 800. :)

If shipments slip or get delayed that is totally out of our control, both ourselves and the distributors are at the mercy of AMD.

OcUK Staff
OP
We have also shipped 189pc of 5950X to date, we have another just shy of 100 units due next week and only have 205 orders outstanding on those.
So by end of next week we would have shipped nearly 300 units of 5950X, quite a large numbers compared to competitors, some competitors have still had zero stock.

5800X we shipped 186 units so far and 145 units of 5600X, we are still waiting for updates on shipments for these parts.

Zdb

Zdb

Associate

Those first 300pc got delayed by AMD, they have been delayed again and are coming from a master distributor, why the date keeps slipping is unknown.

These 200pc are from another master disti and have shipped from that warehouse today and will arrive in our warehouse tomorrow and have a scheduled booking in slot next week which warehouse will pull forward if they can.

So far we have already had 199 units arrive and get shipped out, this includes launch volume.

Right now we have 1066 orders outstanding to ship with 200 due next week, were still owed the 300 which the dates keep slipping on and 85 units are still due to arrive this week / next week on grey product.

As such based on the 200 + 85 we know have shipped that will mean we have shipped just shy of 500 units to our customers, probably better than any competitor can say, when those 300 owed land, that will be near 800. :)

If shipments slip or get delayed that is totally out of our control, both ourselves and the distributors are at the mercy of AMD.

Cool, that is good to know. I know you can't say "you'll have it by XYZ date", but this type of update at least allows those in the queue a choice of what to do. I'm literally sitting with a rig with no AMD CPU and current machine is Intel, so its a lump of precious metals... at least from my position of 460ish, I can tell I'm not likely to see anything in the next couple of weeks. So, I can at least decide if I want to buy a 3200 off eBay to at least fire the thing up and test it out... is £60 worth my patience for a few weeks, i suspect not.

Associate
19th to 24th November for the next drop but that will be on competitors web site and you would have to be extremely lucky to secure one so looks like I will be sitting sm

Amazing, thanks @Gibbo.

This is the detail we were after! Puts minds at rest.

Caporegime
Crazy how low the numbers are, lower than I had guessed.

It would be really nice if some 5800x's came before the second week of December.
Yeah these things basically don't exist, lol.

There must be tens of thousands of people (if not more) wanting one. Just that most of us don't bother pre-ordering.

Back
Top Bottom