Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
Hey Melmac, yeah I'm on a Discord channel for the 3080.

Works really well actually as it alerted me to a 3070 drop so I could have got one but really want the 3080 so didn't bother.
Was tempted though as waiting for the 3080 has been torture!

Talking of the 3080 I'm not sure if I should also upgrade my PSU, its an EVGA Supernova 750 watt which should be ok for the Founders Edition but its pushing 5 years old now so thinking an 850 watt would be safer.
Thing is it will be another £150 to shell out that I don't really want to spend at the moment.

Thoughts?

Hey Rock,

I hear you!! A person just up the road from my house is selling a 3070. I could just walk up there, buy it and have it up and running in my PC in less than an hour. It's taking all my will power not to do that and wait for a 3080/6800XT. :)

Don't think you will need a PSU. If I was you I would try it first before buying. My PSU is only a 650 Watt one and I plan to use it for the 3080. And, because the 3080 cards are all pushed to their limits, no real overclocking headroom, you can undervolt the cards which will reduce power consumption and could also give you extra performance.

Associate
Hey Rock,

I hear you!! A person just up the road from my house is selling a 3070. I could just walk up there, buy it and have it up and running in my PC in less than an hour. It's taking all my will power not to do that and wait for a 3080/6800XT. :)

Don't think you will need a PSU. If I was you I would try it first before buying. My PSU is only a 650 Watt one and I plan to use it for the 3080. And, because the 3080 cards are all pushed to their limits, no real overclocking headroom, you can undervolt the cards which will reduce power consumption and could also give you extra performance.

It is really tough isn't it but I bet you would kick yourself if you didn't wait for the 3080/6800XT!

Yeah good advice, especially on the undervolting as I didn't think of that! :)
I will try it with my current PSU first and see how I go but I will be upgrading the whole system at some point next year as I'm sorely overdue a MB/CPU upgrade so will get a new PSU then as well.

Soldato
Same here, the foam my my Quest 2 was not in a pleasant state after my last Beat Saber session, I'm very unfit! :D

Try Thrill of the Fight. Mega exhausting.

BTW, I recommend using a thin beanie, bandana or some form of head covering while playing vigorous games to soak up the sweat and keep it off the headset. I use a thin spandex running cap.

Associate

BTW, I recommend using a thin beanie, bandana or some form of head covering while playing vigorous games to soak up the sweat and keep it off the headset. I use a thin spandex running cap.

I have and nearly had a heart attack! :D

Good call on the headband idea, I was actually looking in to getting something like that although the VR cover should mitigate the issue somewhat.

Soldato
Same here, the foam on my Quest 2 was not in a pleasant state after my last Beat Saber session. I'm very unfit! :D

no, no, we don't want Rocksteddy getting fit!! How will I beat him in Table Tennis and Beat Saber if he can actually move about a bit???

:p:D

Associate
no, no, we don't want Rocksteddy getting fit!! How will I beat him in Table Tennis and Beat Saber if he can actually move about a bit???

:p:D

Don't worry mate, even if I were super fit my age and total lack of hand to eye coordination would still allow you to beat me in every VR game going :D

Soldato
According to my fitness watch, out of all the games I play, the best sustained cardio game is FitXR (Formerly BoxVR). It's the only one that really gets my heart-rate up. Thrill Of The Fight is the most physically exhausting though. I can only manage a few rounds.

I do a lot of running, so I'm actually pretty fit for my age (I joke that my cardiovascular system is in great shape, it's the rest of me that's falling to bits), so it's difficult to find fitness apps that are vigorous enough to get my heart rate up.

I Pistol Whip is great for flexibility due to all the ducking and dodging, and so is a good complement to my running, even though it doesn't burn many calories.

Soldato
I got some Koss KSC75 earhook headphones and they do sound very good indeed. Very similar to the original Rift CV1 audio and they fit securely but lightly on your ears. Much more comfortable and secure than earbuds, but not as isolating.

Associate
Are you guys using any of the stock watchers, or in any discord channels?

I'm not, I want a 3080 but I am also lazy :(

Well the 3080 dropped guys and I had one in my basket but I had an issue with Paypal and by the time I sorted it they were sold out :mad::mad::mad:

The drop lasted all of two minutes!

So near yet so far, and the wait continues.... :(

Soldato
Well the 3080 dropped guys and I had one in my basket but I had an issue with Paypal and by the time I sorted it they were sold out :mad::mad::mad:

The drop lasted all of two minutes!

So near yet so far, and the wait continues.... :(

Oh man, that sucks!! An FE edition???

So close, yet so far!!

Back
Top Bottom