Jordan Peterson thread

Caporegime
Don't worry, that won't be happening here. As much as I wish to ensure that the discussion is as open as possible, I will hand out reply bans if its continuation comes under threat.

Thanks, that would certainly be preferable to it being locked :)

Soldato
But but they were crying about how Peterson had affected their lives... more like some warped perception that he's to blame for something.

That's purely your opinion. You weren't there so you have no idea.

The meeting was about the book, that decision to publish him (again) triggered this crying incident...

“people were crying in the meeting about how Jordan Peterson has affected their lives.”

they didn't just randomly burst into tears coincidentally FFS!

Who said they did?

Soldato
I know exactly why they were crying, I’ve seen it 1000’s of times;

Yet you weren't there.

they’re children that have never grown up and developed a handle on their emotions the way normal people have, coddled by their cult through education to such an extent when they go out into the real world and bump into the reality that people say no, disagree or they don’t get their way, they throw a tantrum. It’s pathetic.

That sounds rather like the current POTUS.

Caporegime
How do you honestly talk to people that cannot differentiate between White neo nazi supremacists and the likes of John Farrage (asshat but centre right) and Jordan Petersson (Quasi centre liberal pseudo religious oddball)?
Trump is a white supremacist? I mean honestly really? Really?
Borris is a Alt right nazi too right?
It works both ways with the right calling everyone marxists for just believing in universal healthcare..
I guess most Europeans just have a much better balanced centre starting position?

Soldato
How do you honestly talk to people that cannot differentiate between White neo nazi supremacists and the likes of John Farrage (asshat but centre right) and Jordan Petersson (Quasi centre liberal pseudo religious oddball)?
Trump is a white supremacist? I mean honestly really? Really?
Borris is a Alt right nazi too right?
It works both ways with the right calling everyone marxists for just believing in universal healthcare..
I guess most Europeans just have a much better balanced centre starting position?

Soldato
Read ‘The Coddling of the American Mind’ by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt - it’s an entire generation of Americans and is only getting worse.

It appears that both 'sides' are getting worse. Don't the FBI have a few of the popular right-sided organisations on their terrorist watchlists?

Edit - it's actually Homeland Security:

As Secretary, I am concerned about any form of violent extremism. That is why we design our programs to be threat agnostic – ensuring that we can combat a broad range of domestic threats. However, I am particularly concerned about white supremacist violent extremists who have been exceptionally lethal in their abhorrent, targeted attacks in recent years. I am proud of our work to prevent terrorizing tactics by domestic terrorists and violent extremists who seek to force ideological change in the United States through violence, death, and destruction.

Among DVEs (Domestic Violent Extremists), racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists—specifically white supremacist extremists9 (WSEs)—will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland.

WSEs have demonstrated longstanding intent to target racial and religious minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, politicians, and those they believe promote multi-culturalism and globalization at the expense of the WSE identity. Since 2018, they have conducted more lethal attacks in the United States than any other DVE movement.

Sauce: Homeland Threat Assessment October 2020

Note: I'm not saying Peterson is a terrorist or white supremacist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Most of Antifa are white supremacists via their own belief system, they just don’t realise it.

If you were living in Portland you’d see that they’ve been rioting most nights for the last 6 months, destroying stuff and assaulting people with abandon while their democrat mayor just sits there doing nothing because to acknowledge them goes against the narrative.

Last edited:
Soldato
What on earth are you on about you lunatic?

I was trying to decipher what that poster meant by "Help us out, what are you really asking?". So I clarified when I last asked a question.

So now you've called me stupid, a lunatic and told me to engage my brain when you're the one jumping to conclusions based on your own opinions.

I'll leave you to it, clearly you are right and I am wrong.

Presumably you'll now assume I'm crying and can't handle it... lol.

Caporegime
I was trying to decipher what that poster meant by "Help us out, what are you really asking?". So I clarified when I last asked a question.

So now you've called me stupid, a lunatic and told me to engage my brain when you're the one jumping to conclusions based on your own opinions.

I'll leave you to it, clearly you are right and I am wrong.

Presumably you'll now assume I'm crying and can't handle it... lol.

No, I’m just not sure what you’re on about? You seemed a bit fixated on some inane point relating to why the employees were crying.

Back
Top Bottom