Xbox Series X or PS5 Controller.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got two Xbox one wired ones. Will always keep them. I do enjoy the grip of the new one though. Also better dpad for me once you get used to it.

Associate
The three Xbox pads I have that suffer from stick drift (two Xbox 360 and one Xbox One) would disagree with you.

All controllers get stick drift. Personally, I have had drift on Xbox One and PS4 controllers. Both of which developed in under a year on brand new controllers. The Nintendo Joycons are notorious for stick drift. I have a little bit of drift on my 5 year old xbox 360 controller but most games have a deadzone that mask it. But from an ergonomic perspective and for my hands, the Xbox 360 controller is perfect.

Man of Honour
Xbox controller every time for me.

get a wireless xbox 360 pad, still the best

Not true. Have had the Xbox 360 controller for years and years until picking up the XSX - the new controller feels much better with the trigger vibration in games that support it well. The overall rumble is better too, as is the new textured grip.

PS5 is £60 but can recharge

That's great until you consider the little charge it holds and how quickly those batteries tend to die. If your that fussed about the feature buy a play and charge kit for the xbox controller.

Soldato
All controllers get stick drift. Personally, I have had drift on Xbox One and PS4 controllers. Both of which developed in under a year on brand new controllers. The Nintendo Joycons are notorious for stick drift. I have a little bit of drift on my 5 year old xbox 360 controller but most games have a deadzone that mask it. But from an ergonomic perspective and for my hands, the Xbox 360 controller is perfect.

Wouldn't argue with that particularly, it's definitely a weakness in design or materials.

I do have a PS4 controller however, that came with the console, must be six years old now, and that still works fine, both on the console and in Windows, its had heavy usage over the years.

I would go with the Xbox Series X controller personally over the Dual sense. The Dual Sense features would be nice, but it's not as if you will miss out on being able to play the games and I feel the support is usually better for the Xbox controllers.

All down to preference, I mean personally I use a controller for fighting games, driving games and platform games on the PC, would not dream of it for a FPS or RTS game on PC, but each to their own.

Soldato
As far as I can tell there are no major differences between the two models, unlike the PS5 version with improved and new haptics, so not sure why you would want to change?

That was my thought, nothing new on the Series X controller.

I'm sort of tempted to get a PS5 controller, but I'd want it to work outside of Steam. Other launchers, Ubisoft, Rockstar, GOG etc..

Soldato
My xbox series controller now I have to warm up the buttons, by that I mean on a new gaming session if I pres A and B they dont respond unless I press hard, after lots of presses the B button responds always (but is still sticky), and the A is better but doesnt always respond.

Id I buy a second controller which allows me to send this one back and still game, it means I am awarding bad build quality on a second purchase, I deffo fell the series controllers are lower quality than the 360 ones, and playstation controllers.

Soldato
I have a 360 controller and don't have any complaints with it for use with newer games. The only thing I don't like is the position of the d-pad, when I'm playing emulated SNES and Sega Saturn titles the d-pad is a more natural control to use over the thumb stick but it's position on the controller makes it awkward and uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. Also my once bright white 360 controller is now a dull yellow :o.

If I were to get a replacement I would seriously consider the ps5 controller.

Associate
Very disappointed with my Xbox Wireless controller. It is connected via bluetooth on my PC and whilst playing will disconnect for 5-10 seconds, then reconnect. I tried updating firmware, drivers, etc, but nothing works. Works fine wired, but the whole point of 'upgrading' was to take advantage of the wireless connection.

Anyone else had issues with the connection dropping?

Man of Honour
I use 2 different controllers depending on what I'm playing.

Generally it's the Xbox 360 wireless pad, it's still my favourite pad. The stick positioning is spot on.
For anything that uses he d-pad for main control, then it's a usb adaptor and a Nintendo Wii Classic Controller Pro. Nintendo still make the best d-pads.

Back
Top Bottom