• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
I know the ti cards are coming, but bugger any more launches. With this much ram and performance I'm good for a 1080ti kind of time before upgrading again

Associate
Will upload the proof when it arrives but money taken, order email confirms my 3090 en-route. Couldn't be arsed waiting anymore yep it's over priced but my time is worth more so sod it job done. :)

Associate
Yep just installing it now. But need to rummage through cable box to find extra pcie cable

Nice, i had to put back my delivery as I had to go into the office in the end. I'm running an NCASE M1 so im going to have some playing around to get it to work.

Soldato
I know I'm late to this thread and this has probably been discussed but I thought these FE card's weren't great overclockers.
Mine run's +170 core quite stable in games and benching. All the reviews I read said they wouldn't go much more than stock boost's. Current GPU score in Timespy is 20885.

Associate
I know I'm late to this thread and this has probably been discussed but I thought these FE card's weren't great overclockers.
Mine run's +170 core quite stable in games and benching. All the reviews I read said they wouldn't go much more than stock boost's. Current GPU score in Timespy is 20885.
There isn't much in the tank on any Ampere cards, that said I saw a guy running 800W on his 3090 today and some serious numbers lol.

From reading around the 3090fe Silicone is so much higher grade than the 3080fe and we know Nvidia use the best bins for these cards and the AIB's get the next best.
You shouldn't have many problems running within 1-2 fps of any the vendor cards at the levels we are talking with a 3090 allot of comments I see under volt the card as the 1-2 fps drop nets a 70w+ less draw and of course lower temps and when you talk about the frames it gives it's doubtful you would notice. I certainly will under volt unless doing VR on the Index then Im gonna slap the behatch silly :D:D
Sure there are guys here who have actually tried, I'll have to wait till the weekend.

Soldato

Don't think anyone said they are bad overclockers are they? More a matter I suppose they perform very well out the box and boost pretty high anyways. Also games will not always see as much scaling as in synthetics I suspect.

Could also depend on sample they got had two 3090 FE's, first was okay, did around 2050 Mhz stable in games and peeked about 2080 Mhz - 2100 Mhz. Second one was exceptional, 2100 Mhz - 2130 Mhz with default fan speed rock solid in games, peeked to 2235 Mhz in some benchmarks that Noir one but averaged less. Would have been the perfect one and no doubt would have kept if the HDMI 2.1 port was not broken out the box, just my luck to get what looked to be a golden sample with a broke port :mad: would have loved to put that one under an EK block. So yeah, think all depends on samples people get.

TBH with the quality, price of the FE model and most clocking well, if availability was good, most other AIB models would be dead in the water, ditto for the 3080 / 3070.

Associate
Don't think anyone said they are bad overclockers are they? More a matter I suppose they perform very well out the box and boost pretty high anyways. Also games will not always see as much scaling as in synthetics I suspect.

Could also depend on sample they got had two 3090 FE's, first was okay, did around 2050 Mhz stable in games and peeked about 2080 Mhz - 2100 Mhz. Second one was exceptional, 2100 Mhz - 2130 Mhz with default fan speed rock solid in games, peeked to 2235 Mhz in some benchmarks that Noir one but averaged less. Would have been the perfect one and no doubt would have kept if the HDMI 2.1 port was not broken out the box, just my luck to get what looked to be a golden sample with a broke port :mad: would have loved to put that one under an EK block. So yeah, think all depends on samples people get.

TBH with the quality, price of the FE model and most clocking well, if availability was good, most other AIB models would be dead in the water, ditto for the 3080 / 3070.
Gutted about the HDMI buddy double blow hope it's fixed soon I assume Nvidia replacing it quite quickly? I tend to agree about the quality and overclocking of Fe vs AIB's and why I waited for the Fe to drop, its a great card and seen 800w pushed through one today with shunt mods and water cooling its strong!

Soldato
Gutted about the HDMI buddy double blow hope it's fixed soon I assume Nvidia replacing it quite quickly? I tend to agree about the quality and overclocking of Fe vs AIB's and why I waited for the Fe to drop, its a great card and seen 800w pushed through one today with shunt mods and water cooling its strong!

Nah got a full refund today for it actually funnily enough, 30 mins before drop happen. They could not repair just the HDMI port easily and would have rather given me a replacement. Odd as its sounds, would have been irked getting back a lower clocking model which was going to most likely be the case so picked up the 3080FE when it became available. Worked out alright as it can fit in my HTPC ITX build which my 3090FE could not until EK release there block which is taking ages!!!!

Associate
Broke down and went for the daddy, screw waiting :cool:

FWk0ml

FWk0ml

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers @Purgatory. Have to say these cards are pretty nice. Quieter then I expected too.

My pleasure mate.

I know mate ;), there is a reason I now have 3 of them 3090's. Most under rated card by people wanting to buy one, I was same till I went and checked out the board on the card and was shocked how good the components are and then watched reviews and all were shocked how good the cards are.

Then I got the first one and was like here we go some cheap looking graphics card while opening it but the box was really heavy. I opened the box saw the card and went wow it's solid and looks so much nicer in real, then powered it up getting ready for the puke rainbow.. guess what I hate RGB and actually really liked it and was like wow would look so nice in like a single theme colour lights setup, like white or a calm blue.

I love the cards and will never judge a component by its looks on a picture ever again. They are so solid with the inner frame that you don't need a sag bracket and they are all metal apart from the gems on the metal shroud. Shocked and this is coming from a guy that only buys top end EVGA or ASUS.

So shocked first time ever I purchased same card 3 times. So says it all really. Enjoy your card mate they are great. Also if yours is not the OC model you can install the OC BIOS on it too, I have 1 x oc and 2 x none oc, but as you know the none oc is actually an oc too compared to other AIBS as it has the 370w BIOS too.

I have flashed all mine to the OC bios setup, position 1 420w bios and position 2 370w bios, on the bios switch. So the 2 I have opened so far are both OC bios now (In SLI/NVlink), one is an actual OC model. Other one is not even opened yet but will end up in the HTPC in the living room so can update the 2080ti in that machine.

Last edited:
Associate
wtf, I have a bios switch in there? I was just goofing around with it, the thunder master software is meh, but omg when I ran timespy I was in for a pleasant surprise and it's freaking quiet too

Soldato
wtf, I have a bios switch in there? I was just goofing around with it, the thunder master software is meh, but omg when I ran timespy I was in for a pleasant surprise and it's freaking quiet too

Yup the back of the card , position 1 is performance and 2 is quiet, tiny little switch with 1 and 2 numbers. Near the back after the power cables side near sli fingers side.

I don't use any of that software I normally control all that stuff off the motherboard, the cards come with a led cable too to connect to motherboard led control or any led control device. I have it set to off for now as my sli/NVlink setup is in a case with no windows.

For over clocking and fan control use MSI afterburner.

Last edited:
Associate
I have mine vertically mounted, I'll get into it tomorrow when the sun is up.
********, now I'm going to have to get some G.Skill ram to match the card, and probably a ram cooler for the backplate.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OK so after today it didnt update on the tracker by 10:30am I rang the local DPD site. After about 3 mins of ring a guy answered. He said its out and the scanner thing is offline the guy will update his route accordingly.. so without any more boredom of what I said to him he said it will be with me today. I went to pick my son up from playschool and came home and it was on my doorstep lol.

So here she is:

This is no ****, it flashed up on my phone right now (13:10) the DPD notification (I have installed it in my PC as it came at 11:30)... PMSL:

Please spare a thought for us over the water, where DPD is horrendous and why I hate companies using them without offering an alternative. :)
Congratz.

You recon 24GB will be enough though? :p

Soldato
I have mine vertically mounted, I'll get into it tomorrow when the sun is up.
********, now I'm going to have to get some G.Skill ram to match the card, and probably a ram cooler for the backplate.

Palit are bringing out ram that match the card too with the gems ;), I think it was shown on their twitter page or Instagram page when I looked there.

My sli setup is in normal horizontal for now as it's more a work pc and some gaming. Also no window so no point and have the leds off on everything in the case from motherboard to the graphics cards.

But I have been secretly thinking of buying a new case where you can mount 2 cards vertically , but problem is the NVlink as there is only so far a 4 slot type solid type , there probably will never be a flexible type due to the high speed data on them that will not work on a cable type link.

Will see or may just make the HTPC a nice windowed small system and have the other card vertically. Funny coming from hating its looks to liking it a lot now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom