Received an empty box from Amazon Warehouse

Probably Romanians i heard someone say they apply for a credit card, Order from Amazon and when the item comes they weigh it and then take out the item and fill the box with something that weighs the same to the gram and then keep the items. If the police ever investigate they can simply take the first flight home.

Look at Tamara Eccelstone, A gang flew in to raid her home and did the exact same thing, And they are doing ram raids on cash machines as well. They are professional thieves they have been on video documented as thieves since something like 1930. I saw the documentary on it. Amazon are too lazy to check the box they only weigh it and pass it onto another department i guess.

Talking of RAM raids, it reminds me that about 25 years ago the company I was working for were having a building refurbished. Some thieves climbed up 7 stories of scaffolding over the weekend, and emptied the RAM out of about 300 desktop computers
IT had a nightmare the following Monday when they worked out what had happened it was nigh on impossible to get that quantity of RAM modules for various machines at short notice

Soldato
I would love to be able to say "that's it i am never using Amazon again" but I cant!!! we rely on them too much now and cant do without them.......

Sad story but why can't you? There's not a single thing on Amazon you can't buy elsewhere.

Soldato
OP
They're all basically back in their van with the parcel on the doorstep by the time you answer these days.
This guy certainly was, he was already driving off by the time I got to the door. No one hangs around any more, can't remember the last time I signed for something. I'm gonna back off from using Amazon after this incident, really can't be dealing with this **** again.

nam

nam

Soldato
amazon using the 2 factor pin service now for high value items. You have to tell the courier the pin code he has to add to his handheld device. Very good Hope others couriers will follow gives you a chance to inspect the packet whilst they type in pin code and also prevents your parcel going to wrong address as they can't hand over without the correct pin code

Soldato
amazon using the 2 factor pin service now for high value items. You have to tell the courier the pin code he has to add to his handheld device. Very good Hope others couriers will follow gives you a chance to inspect the packet whilst they type in pin code and also prevents your parcel going to wrong address as they can't hand over without the correct pin code

It's a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't be telling the courier my PIN until after I'd checked that my parcel actually contains the item(s) I ordered. But I doubt the couriers will be allowing people to open **** up before handing over their PIN.

Soldato
Reading this thread has made me think again about a package that arrived the other day it had been opened and I mean cut open with a pair of scissors or something they hadn't even bothered to try and reseal it and its only a miracle the contents hadn't spilled out. It was only a few face masks I'd ordered from eBay so not exactly high value so probably not worth pinching. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm thinking its more serious and deliberate. This was a Royal Mail delivery one of those printed black polythene bags that was sealed until someone snipped it open down one side. So strange.

They're all basically back in their van with the parcel on the doorstep by the time you answer these days.

DPD don't they ask your name before they'll let you take it.

Soldato
OP
Bloody hell. The refund still didn't come through and had another email from them saying that they still couldn't replace or refund and I need to go to the cops.

The cops wouldn't crime the incident so i couldn't get a reference for a crime report that amazon required.

Phoned again and spoke to a lovely Irish girl, I explained everything and told her I have spent the better part of a week sorting this out, I'm a Nurse in the NHS in London and stressed to the eyeballs and have wasted so much time on this so she sorted it out and gave me a refund finally!

I am done with Amazon ordering, this incident will save me a lot of money in the long run.

Soldato
Bloody hell. The refund still didn't come through and had another email from them saying that they still couldn't replace or refund and I need to go to the cops.

The cops wouldn't crime the incident so i couldn't get a reference for a crime report that amazon required.

Phoned again and spoke to a lovely Irish girl, I explained everything and told her I have spent the better part of a week sorting this out, I'm a Nurse in the NHS in London and stressed to the eyeballs and have wasted so much time on this so she sorted it out and gave me a refund finally!

I am done with Amazon ordering, this incident will save me a lot of money in the long run.

Good decision, I am sure that if you can't find it in 'the smoke' it's not worth having. Time and money saved by dealing with Amazon comes at a price to somebody somewhere.

V F

V F

Soldato
This guy certainly was, he was already driving off by the time I got to the door. No one hangs around any more, can't remember the last time I signed for something. I'm gonna back off from using Amazon after this incident, really can't be dealing with this **** again.

That's not an Amazon thing. I see it nearly from all couriers. Unless it has to be scanned. Even the postman is half way up the street nodding or waving to see if the package was taken before driving off.

Soldato
Soldato
I wonder how many of these scams about Romanians, shifty Amazon employees from Luton and East London, tramps... turn out to be straight forward, squalid bull**** from the Amazon customer, just lying about the whole lot.

Soldato
And yet the police (Hampshire) said that currently it's a civil dispute over delivery.

How clear cut does a crime need to be these days? It's getting to the point where if the culprit doesn't hand themselves in and confess the police don't want to know...

They often don't want to know even if you've got very solid evidence. It's quite bizarre. Would rather fight the 'war on drugs' that they are never going to win.

EDIT - Oh, and policing words on the Internet too.

Caporegime
For amazon to stop refunding people on the spot this must be becoming a serious issue.

You can't really prove who stole it or if it was stolen

Reciever could be lying and falsely report it stolen
Delivery driver could have
Warehouse staff could have
Could be a mistake

Maybe the driver could weigh it on your doorstep which matches the warehouse weigh. At least would help prove the driver did/didn't take it

Associate
I wonder how many of these scams about Romanians, shifty Amazon employees from Luton and East London, tramps... turn out to be straight forward, squalid bull**** from the Amazon customer, just lying about the whole lot.
Thats the problem too though - some customers will take advantage of this current situation too , so as 413x says above it could be due to any number of people -how do retailers resolve the issue, tough one.
Either way you will get genuine innocent customers losing out

Soldato
For amazon to stop refunding people on the spot this must be becoming a serious issue.

Could be a mistake

Maybe the driver could weigh it on your doorstep which matches the warehouse weigh. At least would help prove the driver did/didn't take it

As I have said it is a crap business model. OK for smallish scale but when a significant criminal element work out the angles some people are going to be ripped off. Either amazon control all the dispatch and delIvery to your door ie no amazon warehouse, no third party couriers or the system will continue but just get worse for the customer. With luck it will eventually implode.

Caporegime

Could be a mistake

So all I need to do is steal the item replace it with a block of cheese.

Weigh it on the doorstep and then say it's been delivered.

Then you cannot say that the delivery driver or warehouse staff took it as it weighed correctly at point of delivery.

Back
Top Bottom