• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You paid someone to answer a question? LOL
To be honest i already knew the answer was only for me to choose for myself as it's a personal choice. I just wanted to see what he would say to it and he said nothing. I only tipped a couple of quid but i already knew he had a bit of an attitude beforehand. Wish i could've thrown the money at him instead :p

Soldato
Sales comparison between these products, RX 6800 series sold a lot more than Nvidia, whoever made this chart left out the Z Axis so who knows how many cards that actually is but looking at this..... well lack of supply does not necessarily = paper launch, its just a demand and supply thing.

xZmHo8a.jpg.png

https://www.digitec.ch/de/page/2020...n-aber-frustrierenden-hardware-launches-18437

Oh dear. That is clearly a chart about web traffic and nothing to do with sales. It takes 2 minutes to translate and read.

Their very first sentence is

68! No, I don't mean 1968 with its great socio-cultural upheavals. I am talking about the number of Radeon 6000 reference models that digitec was allocated for the launch day.

Associate
Sales comparison between these products, RX 6800 series sold a lot more than Nvidia, whoever made this chart left out the Z Axis so who knows how many cards that actually is but looking at this..... well lack of supply does not necessarily = paper launch, its just a demand and supply thing.

I think thats site traffic looking at respective products, not necessarily units shipped. Probably not a huge surprise the 3080 is a lot lower interest given the reference cards never went to resellers.

Soldato
Have you prepared a response yet for Nvidia selling $175m worth of their GA102 dies to Miners instead of filling order yet?

They sold to miners and continue to sell cards to us. I even got two cards.

AMD are selling to no one apart from the extremely limited day 1 batch. AIB cards are nowhere to be seen.

You still won't accept the numbers.

When I point out fake news, you try and deflect.

I'm not really interested in what you think anyway. Clearly an AMD fanatic.

The news has already been widely reported. You can't do any damage control.

Soldato
They sold to miners and continue to sell cards to us. I even got two cards.
I already figured you would give nvidia a pass. I just wanted to see how you actually respond. However, you finally cames to grips to reply about it. Good! Goood!! However, you don't represent everyone else still trying to pay MSRP but cannot find a card. You cannot make up that difference even if you have 10 cards. But nice try though :D

AMD are selling to no one apart from the extremely limited day 1 batch. AIB cards are nowhere to be seen.

You still won't accept the numbers.

When I point out fake news, you try and deflect.
So it's not a paper launch now!!! That's all I wanted to read :p
But for the most part it's still regurgitated fake news. It's been 24 hours since AIBs launch things will improve over time. Specially if you give it 40 days :) (adding extra days for the holidays).
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Pro shop de: 150 cards in stock for launch for Nvidia and 20 for AMD

EanstCoastCantHandle: fake news, I got 10 cards hand delivered by Frank Azor with an AMD bicycle

Soldato
Pro shop de: 150 cards in stock for launch for Nvidia and 20 for AMD

EanstCoastCantHandle: fake news, I got 10 cards hand delivered by Frank Azor with an AMD bicycle
Oh good, trying to score points over who did it worse.

It's not going to make any cards appear :p
Haa!

Nvidia had plenty to spare to miners. Now 'they' are getting plenty of cards for themselves now, after 40 days, so supply is fine now.
Haaa!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I already figured you would give nvidia a pass. I just wanted to see how you actually respond. However, you finally cames to grips to reply about it. Good! Goood!! However, you don't represent everyone else still trying to pay MSRP but cannot find a card. You cannot make up that difference even if you have 10 cards. But nice try though :D

Many people bought Ampere cards today at MSRP. They continue to come in every week. Both my cards were MSRP.

AIB cards above MSRP (like most AIB cards always are) continue to be delivered by the hundreds if not thousands every week to customers in the UK alone.

So it's not a paper launch now!!! That's all I wanted to read :p
But for the most part it's still regurgitated fake news. It's been 24 hours since AIBs launch things will improve over time. Specially if you give it 40 days :) (adding extra days for the holidays).

You still trying to defend Azor? It is a paper launch. Getting a few hundred cards out for a single day is not a launch.

How many days has it been since we last saw stock?

Soldato
You still trying to defend Azor? It is a paper launch. Getting a few hundred cards out for a single day is not a launch.
Ah, I see you failed to understand the proper meaning of a paper launch.
Classically, a paper launch has meant a product that's not actually sold but is talked about on paper to help steal thunder from a competitor's product.
So that contradicts what you've been posting. And your circular arguments ignoring that it taking nvidia 40 days vs AIBs 24 hours is pretty old. And have failed to make any valid point attempting to bring a false equivalence between the 2. But got a kick out of you trying though.

But it reminds me of this when you try to shoehorn the term paper launch with AIBs selling out after 24 hours.

Soldato
You are welcome to compare Nvidia shipments 2 weeks after launch with AMD. Many of this forum's competitors published numbers (and continue to do so). Those numbers blow AMD out of the water while AMD likely wont have shipped a single AIB card in the UK in the first 2 weeks.

Of course you don't want to look at real evidence.

You'd rather deflect from the fact I pointed out the false statement in this thread treating web traffic as news.

Nvidia selling to miners doesn't change the fact AMD have not shipped a single AIB card to customers in the UK yet. It doesn't change the fact that apart from some day 1 sales, there appears to be no stock. But you just go ahead and bang on about those things whilst real people fail to get AMD cards right now and have to listen to apologists like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom