Where Can I Get Some Small Windows For Summer House?

Associate
I need to order Anthracite grey small acoustic (42db) windows to move on with my summerhouse build and have checked the website modernupvcwindows.co.uk but their lead times are "severe" for any windows besides white.

Anyone have any recommendations for other sites I can use? Above website quoted £128 each which is about what I'm looking to pay. I think Everest quoted far more. It's gotta be good value and no crazy long wait times. Windows I quoted for were 800x600.

Have also looked on eBay and such but can't find acoustic windows (sound control is pretty important since it will be a music studio).

Cheers.

Soldato
Can't comment too much on the windows that you're looking for specifically but yes in general if you suffer from the standard colour range lead in times will increase. However, I think with the whole lockdown working from home etc, a lot of people are looking for extensions / summerhouse / outdoor offices so manufacturers have had to increase their lead in times because of demand.

It may be worthwhile just biting the bullet and get yourself into the queue.

Soldato
We are booked in to have our whole house done it White PVC windows, had the survey done yesterday and asked about lead time.. Our windows are scheduled in to be fitted at the start of MARCH! what's normally a 4-6 weeks lead time is currently 12-18 weeks even for white windows, coloured frames is another 3 to 6 weeks more than that.

The installer we are using is a local company, during the first lockdown they had to put on hold over a thousand jobs a month, everyone is playing catch up!

Soldato
Nothing to do with windows but plastic fencing - I ordered some more and that took over 12 weeks - First lot was just a week.

Seems most things plastic are slow.

Back
Top Bottom