• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
Dual Vertical mount? That would need a THICC case. Nowt in the books that says work rig can't ber a bit flashy.
You've got a beast of setup, it'd be a shame to hide it. I'm running it withj a slow cycle between 2 colours and I don't think I'll get bored of it's looks or performance in the near future. There goes my plan of putting it under water.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
The ram quote was for Th0nt, sorry I should have quoted.
The ram in the links there lool like G Skill Trident Z Royal Silvers. Blinged up and decent speed kits depending which one you pick up

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Depends which fanboy is asking. At least thats not one of the areas people will worry about unless they are complaining its too much!

The thing is I do work on data in my day job so will be interesting what dev tools/software can be used on it.
Haha, yeah. Humbug won't say your card is gimped at least. But he probably will say you made a mistake and say you got shafted by Jensen or something like that :p

Associate
OK so after today it didnt update on the tracker by 10:30am I rang the local DPD site. After about 3 mins of ring a guy answered. He said its out and the scanner thing is offline the guy will update his route accordingly.. so without any more boredom of what I said to him he said it will be with me today. I went to pick my son up from playschool and came home and it was on my doorstep lol.

So here she is:

This is no ****, it flashed up on my phone right now (13:10) the DPD notification (I have installed it in my PC as it came at 11:30)... PMSL:

Please spare a thought for us over the water, where DPD is horrendous and why I hate companies using them without offering an alternative. :)
Just read this he left a £1400 GPU on the door step? PMSL!! DPD for me are without doubt the best courer ever, and there is zero chance of 'Dave' pulling that rubbish, he rings me on his mobile to see If Im around and what to do with it if there is a problem, always on time never fail... Unlike Royal mail or worse still Yodel.... omg Yodel.... think it's 12 year olds on BMX's would do better.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Haha, yeah. Humbug won't say your card is gimped at least. But he probably will say you made a mistake and say you got shafted by Jensen or something like that :p

I would agree. The AMD stock has backfired really, imagine I had waited for that with more disappointment. The 3080s today sold out in 2 mins. The FE's are the best price I would not be entertaining the AIB ones unless it had something I was really after. The extra £50-200? Nah not for me.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Just read this he left a £1400 GPU on the door step? PMSL!! DPD for me are without doubt the best courer ever, and there is zero chance of 'Dave' pulling that rubbish, he rings me on his mobile to see If Im around and what to do with it if there is a problem, always on time never fail... Unlike Royal mail or worse still Yodel.... omg Yodel.... think it's 12 year olds on BMX's would do better.

Mark didnt even scan the package so by tracker it was still in the depot (hence why I rang them). Not sure you could get away with that in mainland. The message I received was because he had left it on the door, then scooted off, except it came through on my phone 1hr 40 mins later lol. Absolute joke which as you can now see why I hate DPD Ireland.

Associate
So after a week of having this now....thought I'd add myself to this list.....blown away by this card after coming from a 980ti.....absolute beast! Sits around 50 degrees for me on full load in gaming....no overclocking yet as it sits around 2000Mhz anyway.....really happy with it.

PC-BOX.jpg

PC-1.jpg

Associate
So after a week of having this now....thought I'd add myself to this list.....blown away by this card after coming from a 980ti.....absolute beast! Sits around 50 degrees for me on full load in gaming....no overclocking yet as it sits around 2000Mhz anyway.....really happy with it.

PC-BOX.jpg

PC-1.jpg
Epic! Good job buddy nice work! Enjoy.

Soldato

Nice build - and 980ti to 3090! Lol, yeah warp speed now. Enjoy!

Associate
Nice build - and 980ti to 3090! Lol, yeah warp speed now. Enjoy!

Thank you...yeah its a huge jump....ive gone from playing Warzone on low settings, barely scraping 60 fps.....to now having set everything to Ultra and getting between 150 to 160 fps :D

Looking forward to Cyberpunk now!

Associate
Put me on the roll of honour please kaap. Actually bought a month ago for close to rrp. Coming from a 1080ti it's a massive leap in performance, im getting double the performance of my old card. pricey..... but for me, its a keeper for a few years...

Associate
I have the same card and came from a 1080 so it's an even bigger jump for me. I can justify the price by saying to myself that I did skip Turing completely so the cost of the 3090 is the cost of Pascal plus Turing combined. :p

Back
Top Bottom