• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
But that is only $4 per kg. Coming back to these GPUs, obviously they probably don't exist in the first place. But if they did exist, an extra few quid in shipping per unit could just be passed on and no one would notice on an $800 product. Hence, how is shipping a factor? Is there something Im missing here?

I doubt the current GPU's are shipping in containers given the lead time. Some may be being routed that way to land in weeks, but all current stock is probably air freight.
As others have said, air frieght is currently ridiculously expenisve and capacity limited.

Associate
I just saw the price on the Gigabyte Aorus master 6800xt ....... £999.99 thats for the version with 2 x dp 1 x hdmi and 1 x usb c and the version with 2x hdmi and 2 x dp

£999.99 !!!!!!!!!

Associate
I just saw the price on the Gigabyte Aorus master 6800xt ....... £999.99 thats for the version with 2 x dp 1 x hdmi and 1 x usb c and the version with 2x hdmi and 2 x dp

£999.99 !!!!!!!!!

All the pricing just doesn't make any sense. AMD sold 6800xt £50 cheaper than 3080FE and that was a very good buy, but now, somehow, 6800xt AIB models are more expensive than the same AIB model of 3080. I's madness.

Associate
Yeah it might be a grand but it's got a fancy screen on the side where you can see the GPU temp. :D
Thats weird I have been wetting my finger and pressing it onto the back of the GPU die all these years, how fancy is a screen telling it what its doing is!!:D:D
Jokes aside lovely looking card, hear amazing things about the cooler the LCD I see people posting it's problematic due to the software.

Associate
All the pricing just doesn't make any sense. AMD sold 6800xt £50 cheaper than 3080FE and that was a very good buy, but now, somehow, 6800xt AIB models are more expensive than the same AIB model of 3080. I's madness.
This is why when the 3080Fe was out of stock in 3 seconds on that other site today I bought the 3090fe, It's just not going to improve this situation for the foreseeable.

To give you perspective I just sold my 2070 (none Super) for £350 in less than 3 hours on FB, worlds bloody bonkers, its a 2 year old GPU!

Associate
Just watched Hardware Unboxed, it's heavily speculated AMDs MSRP is totally unrealistic, pretty much the reason why there weren't many reference designs because they were probably sold at a loss or no profit just to say "hey our card is $650!".

The Sapphire Nitro+ is officially $770 MSRP, The Red Devil is $800 and the board partners say their profit margins are very low, sounds like AMD playing very dirty

Associate
Just watched Hardware Unboxed, it's heavily speculated AMDs MSRP is totally unrealistic, pretty much the reason why there weren't many reference designs because they were probably sold at a loss or no profit just to say "hey our card is $650!".

The Sapphire Nitro+ is officially $770 MSRP, The Red Devil is $800 and the board partners say their profit margins are very low, sounds like AMD playing very dirty

I've been saying it here for quite a while. First NVidia set MSRP on a silly low level, just to stir market up, then FE became vapourware. AMD followed just after with exact same plan - not that they had any option after NVidia set the expectations. But now we see real pricing. It will drop, eventually, in 6 months perhaps? Or when next gen comes. But in either case, not anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom