Electric guitar for daughter

Man of Honour
Oh, sorry. Thats the one then! Cheers

A quick lesson and why it's a better buy than the cheaper one -

The VOICE control - 6 different types of presets that emulate famous amps like a Vox, Marshall, Fender etc.
The ISF control gives a British or American tone to the amps.
The EFFECTS control and Buttons - quite a few to choose from and very easy to setup.
The headphone output is an emulated speaker out, I had my Blackstar going through a 3000 watt PA System and it sounded awesome.
That USB socket means you can attach it to your PC and use an editing software you can download for free.

blackstarid10.jpg

Soldato
OP
A quick lesson and why it's a better buy than the cheaper one -

The VOICE control - 6 different types of presets that emulate famous amps like a Vox, Marshall, Fender etc.
The ISF control gives a British or American tone to the amps.
The EFFECTS control and Buttons - quite a few to choose from and very easy to setup.
The headphone output is an emulated speaker out, I had my Blackstar going through a 3000 watt PA System and it sounded awesome.
That USB socket means you can attach it to your PC and use an editing software you can download for free.

blackstarid10.jpg

Thank you my friend. Thats the one then! Superb...Ta

Soldato
Just something - neck feel is something you don't see in pictures. This is something that stood out when I bought my first guitar in 1987ish.

I know that the squire has a more rounded cross section of neck. Think of it as a thicker neck to wrap your hand around. The fender I bought back then and still own has a slimmer neck. I found the fretboard far far easier to work with too.

The electric sound will end up in effects and additions over time, just seems to be part of it so an amp that has this inbuilt is good (distortion and delay pedal in my case). Back then I bought a 5W Marshall practice amp - plenty loud enough and with headphones too.

Lastly - case and tuning.

I originally used a stand but put a small dent into it after several years, so switched to a flight case - I can't remember cost but it wasn't that much (it's fluffy bright pink inside but was the only one they had at uni). It's kept the guitar pristine through years of university, house moves, travel and storage.

If the amp doesn't have an inbuilt tuning then look for a iPhone guitar tuning app or a head clip on tuner if she doesn't have one already with the acoustic. The electric guitar bridges on the Strats don't lock so will need a tune up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just something - neck feel is something you don't see in pictures. This is something that stood out when I bought my first guitar in 1987ish.

If the amp doesn't have an inbuilt tuning then look for a iPhone guitar tuning app or a head clip on tuner if she doesn't have one already with the acoustic. The electric guitar bridges on the Strats don't lock so will need a tune up.

Or get a Floyd rose and you rarely need to to tune it. Mine needs slight adjustment maybe once a week :D

Soldato
Just to throw in my opinion.

It would be great if you could get her to try a few different models out. I know it's hard now with lockdown etc.

Necks are the biggest thing. I ordered a guitar online because I liked the look, sound but I do not like the neck at all.

Another one I tried before I bought and felt fantastic.

Soldato

Talk to Andertons. If you're buying the guitar and amp from them, I wouldn't think it unreasonable to ask them to chuck a lead in, some picks and a clip on tuner, or at least knock a tenner or so off the total to cover some of em.

Back
Top Bottom