Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
@Neil79 @Kevin Matthews

I had this tonight after I updated my Nvidia drivers.

Eventually I fixed it with the following process :-

1. I ran a scan & repair in Battlenet on the Warzone install files via the options menu.

2. I launched the game and saw shader set 1 get to 100%.

3. I quit and relaunched and saw shader set 3 get to 7% then said complete.

4. I went to the options menu in graphics and chose to restart the shader download process

5. Shader pack 1 installed to 100%

6. I quit and relaunched the game

7. Shader pack 2 installed to 100% then shader pack 3 to 7% then 100% then complete
After that, it worked. Its different for everyone by the looks of it but that worked for me tonight and I will think twice before I update my drivers again.

edit*. This fix was temporary. It was eventually fixed by going to documents/call of duty modern warfare/players and renaming/removing the players folder.

A few people noting that the renaming/removal of the players folder helped.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/fipsck/friends_game_wont_finish_installing_shaders/

Soldato
Plenty hackers in games tonight actually makes want to stop playing. 7 seasons and company who makes millions cant be bothered making an anti-cheat. embarrassing :mad:
Its a free game, there are going to be cheaters.

IMO it should be a monthly paid game with good anti-cheat, continual bug fixes, weapon balancing, map updates and modes like keeping night mode and option of solo, duo, trio and quads for each mode.
£30/month doesnt sound unreasonable and sure that would cover a fantastic anti cheat system whilst keeping the cheating dross away from the game
Subscription terms would include a cheating / hacking ban and IP blacklist
Matches should also be actively monitored for people being reported and kicked mid game

People pay way for things like Sky sports and football channels. Warzone / Modern Warfare has provided me with entertainment throughout lockdown and comms with friends.

Permabanned

IMO it should be a monthly paid game with good anti-cheat, continual bug fixes, weapon balancing, map updates and modes like keeping night mode and option of solo, duo, trio and quads for each mode.
£30/month doesnt sound unreasonable and sure that would cover a fantastic anti cheat system whilst keeping the cheating dross away from the game
Matches should also be actively monitored for people being reported and kicked mid game

People pay way for things like Sky sports and football channels. Warzone / Modern Warfare has provided me with entertainment throughout lockdown and comms with friends.

Yeah but it's easier to get people to pay a tenner for an anime tracer pack and mara kawaii cat ears skins :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
£30 a month wow, or they could have dedicated servers and let the community police cheating like the old days.

Soldato

Then it would be just you playing with your friends then! No subscription model for an FPS with one map and two game modes could ever charge that.

Think about what you get for £30 pm elsewhere!

Back
Top Bottom