Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Gone with flat white in the end, as not fond of any of the other colours personally. Will either get it wrapped or Litchfield sprayed in green or orange.

Been given a delivery date of March 16th today but they hope to pull that forward, shall see. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Toyota have given me an end of May delivery date.

They are certainly proving popular! Obviously they deliver the lesser colours first.

I am not holding my breath mate, just requested when they have a truly firm date to let me know as I want a good few weeks notice so I can move the Abarth on as their trade in offer was £9000 which not to bad but I think I can get around 12k for it which is not bad considering I paid just under 11k just over a year ago for it.

The finance deal is great, 7k down, £299 a month and then a final payment of around 18k after 24 months interest free.

Soldato
I am not holding my breath mate, just requested when they have a truly firm date to let me know as I want a good few weeks notice so I can move the Abarth on as their trade in offer was £9000 which not to bad but I think I can get around 12k for it which is not bad considering I paid just under 11k just over a year ago for it.

The finance deal is great, 7k down, £299 a month and then a final payment of around 18k after 24 months interest free.
FYI, it's 0% no matter the deposit. I'll probably put a lot less down if they're willing to lend free money like that.

Associate

Aye I have gone for the 0% also. Be mad not to as I also intend on keeping the car.

OcUK Staff
OP
FYI, it's 0% no matter the deposit. I'll probably put a lot less down if they're willing to lend free money like that.

Did not know this, thought the 0% was based on specific numbers, otherwise its 1.9% APR which to be frank is nothing anyway.

Also just seen this:

Nothing but crazy impressive it can be driven so hard on limit, on a cold damp foggy day by a none professional.

Soldato
Did not know this, thought the 0% was based on specific numbers, otherwise its 1.9% APR which to be frank is nothing anyway.

0% on 24 month, 1.9% 25-42 month. Has the demo arrived up north? I’m waiting to hear from Bristol, I think it might have but the sales team are all furloughed until next week.

OcUK Staff
OP
0% on 24 month, 1.9% 25-42 month. Has the demo arrived up north? I’m waiting to hear from Bristol, I think it might have but the sales team are all furloughed until next week.

Yeah they have the demo but no drives due to lock down rules at moment but should be good to go next week hopefully.

Associate

Bristol guys told me to come in on the 3rd, so I assume they have one but could just be sales guy keeping my on the hook.

Associate
So torn about ordering one of these. I havn't, but don't know if that's a mistake.

I had a new Jimny, which I sold because it was terrible. I got back what I paid for it, but I think right now i'd be making a few more ££ on it.

I almost bought a Mustang in 2016, which would a cost a bit too much a month, but after 3/4 years I would have been left with serveral grand in my pocket which would have been nice.

So I partly don't want to miss out on a limited run car that will hold value incredibly well, not to mention it being a really great car.

I currently have a 2019 Civic Type R. I've had it about 20 months. It probably wouldn't cost anything to get trade in, certaibly not by May/June.

Typically I change car every 2 years, but I do like the Civic. Decisions, decisions....

Associate
Its not a limited run car, so wouldn't worry about that, don't understand buying something without trying it so I won't order until I have tested it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Its not a limited run car, so wouldn't worry about that, don't understand buying something without trying it so I won't order until I have tested it.

Deposits are totally refundable, they wanted £1000 from me to enter it into a build and don't want the remaining £6000 odd until its closer until delivery as they have already pre-approved the finance so to speak.

Associate
Are they not limiting the build numbers to 25,000 anymore then? I suppose if demand is there, there's no point.

Associate
Deposits are totally refundable, they wanted £1000 from me to enter it into a build and don't want the remaining £6000 odd until its closer until delivery as they have already pre-approved the finance so to speak.

I did that for the Model 3, it took so long, this one at least has a more realistic time frame, perhaps I will do that too, I didn't see that it was refundable online, I will read again.

Are they not limiting the build numbers to 25,000 anymore then? I suppose if demand is there, there's no point.

How big do you think the market is for a 30k compromised little hatchback outside of a niche market of enthusiasts?

25000 is not limited really :D

OcUK Staff
OP
I did that for the Model 3, it took so long, this one at least has a more realistic time frame, perhaps I will do that too, I didn't see that it was refundable online, I will read again.

How big do you think the market is for a compromised little hatchback outside of a niche market of enthusiasts?

25000 is not limited really :D

I just rang and spoke to the sales guys, they said £1000 secures the build slot and allows the test drive, I then panicked and rang again yesterday asking did that £1000 really get me a build slot or do I also need to pay the additional 6k now and the sales guy confirmed the car was ordered for me when I paid the £1000 and he gave me my order number. He then set me up on the APP so I can track the cars progress and current ETA is around middle of March, think he said new orders are now looking at around May time. He said the balance to pay will be closer to delivery. Interest free is for 24 months and 1.9% is 42 months, I am just gonna go with 24 month option and will just purchase the car at end of it as suspect in two years time if they no longer make them for whatever reason they will still be worth north of 25k. Special cars hold their money and that is when I am happy to buy new like I did with the Mustang which lost me pretty much nothing.

I asked about heated seat retrofit and it was a big no which is fair enough not that fussed but as its a perfect Winter car heated seats be nice, though Abarth aint got them but I drive the M5 most at the moment which has tremendous bum and back warmers.

P.S. The sales guy also said but did not confirm he believe a price increase is coming soon on the car also which makes sense as Ford did exactly same with Mustang's first V8's were 35k with all options and that quickly rose to 37k and then near 40k, which helped secure future values also. I don't doubt this as every review is 10/10 and the build ETAs keep getting longer so I suspect they have great demand, the motoring enthusiast is eager for fun modern cars as they are so rare nowadays in the world of paper performance, emissions and EV's.

Associate
Yeah, 25,000 sounds a lot. But when you split that between Asia, Aus, Europe etc it not that many per country.

There's been over 40,000 FK8 Type R's sold (although lots in the USA i suppose), and they're too ugly for anyone to want to own apparently!

OcUK Staff
OP

A Yaris should not be so close to getting into the 12s at quarter mile lol.

Toyota have made an absolute bundle of fun, good in a straight line, totally bonkers in the corners and all being well a Toyota so reliable, minor service is £145 and major is £375 so its cheap to run for the kind of performance, though that award still goes to my SVR which was under £400 for a major service at Jaguar for a 100k car that does 60 in 3s.

Back
Top Bottom