HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
Think was also have to remember this is half life alyx, this ran great on my 1070 on the quest 2, but other games like racing sims and elite dangerous looked absolutely awful, I think there would be a bigger gap between the two headsets in other games

Soldato
Really want to see a frames per second comparison between q2 and g2. How much does link add to the fps overhead compared to a proper wired connection.

Yeah that would be interesting, although you'd have to be sure to set the resolution to be the same to see what the actual link overhead is. Perhaps that's worth asking him to do!

I do remember seeing some comparisons from the openVR benchmark though

Last edited:
Soldato
Think was also have to remember this is half life alyx, this ran great on my 1070 on the quest 2, but other games like racing sims and elite dangerous looked absolutely awful, I think there would be a bigger gap between the two headsets in other games

Not sure we can use you as a baseline for comparison :p Wasn't your Quest 2 faulty? And didn't you return it before V23 was released? V23 is a big step up in visual quality as it's using native resolution for the first time.

Associate
Just received this:

Finally the HP Reverb G2 headsets are arriving at distribution today and tomorrow. To save time we are shipping next day delivery directly from Distribution on Monday so you will receive your orders Tuesday 1st December.

A text message with tracking number will be sent late Monday early Tuesday.

We have created this support page to help you with useful information, troubleshooting and contact details should you need support.

Thank you for your patience.

Our office staff is working remotely due to the pandemic so we are unable to efficiently answer your enquiries over phone. If you have questions or wish to contact us please first consult our support page or email [email protected] and you will be answered far more accurately and quickly.

The SystemActive team

Associate
Not sure we can use you as a baseline for comparison :p Wasn't your Quest 2 faulty? And didn't you return it before V23 was released? V23 is a big step up in visual quality as it's using native resolution for the first time.
Yeah there is that lol, but half life alyx still looked good even on the 1070, I think that game is just so really well made and optimised, I didn't actually see any difference once I got the 3080, game still ran at high settings well on both,
I would love to see more through the lens videos comparing the two headsets since v23, particularly in games where distance clarity can really make a huge difference.

Soldato
I’m still waiting for that tracking number before I allow myself to get excited lol.

I do however need to get my skates on and get the racing rig back together!

Soldato
When the first one of you realise its crap. I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands....No need to suffer in silence I can help. Call it my good deed for xmas

Associate
Just received this:

Finally the HP Reverb G2 headsets are arriving at distribution today and tomorrow. To save time we are shipping next day delivery directly from Distribution on Monday so you will receive your orders Tuesday 1st December.

The SystemActive team
Wow, that is great, thanks for the update. I did not get the email either, which makes sense, as I am not in the first batch. Now I just need to get that damn GPU, which prove difficult, I am just not fast enough. I think, G2 owners should get a priority, because we have a genuine case. We actually do need a nextgen GPU. :D

Right, then, please update us with your first impressions, once you get your G2s. Very happy for the first batchers.

_VWV_

Associate
Really want to see a frames per second comparison between q2 and g2. How much does link add to the fps overhead compared to a proper wired connection.
Well, I came across a non-numbers, just impressions comparison of V23+high bitrate. Link. It is very taxing. DCS on all high settings is apparently unplayable. So there is that. Settings could be adjusted, so it's not like Q2+link is not a viable option, but one would have to adapt the video settings to the rig. Not everyone has a 2080ti or 3080, especially, perhaps, not an average Q2 owner, who is trying to save money going for Q2 over G2.
I wonder if we, later pre orderers will get an email update in a few days as well from SA.
Slowly I'm getting excited for sure.
I hope we don't get one. The plan is clearly working at the moment as previously announced, no need to update. The only serious uptade batch 2 people could get is that batch is getting delayed - that would be a change of circumstances worthy of n update. So I really enjoy the silence for now. :)
_VWV_

Associate
Associate
(2) QUEST 2 VS REVERB G2 - Through-The-Lens Comparison! Can Link With v23 Close The Visual Gap? - YouTube

Just watched the above, and I have to say, the Q2 is looking good! If I hadn't got the G2 at the early bird price, I'd seriously consider this as an option. Not sure if MRTV wanted to - but this video really shows the Q2 in a good light - no, not as crisp as the G2, but dang - is there £300 worth more crisps in that G2 packet?
I think MRTV wanted to show things how they were. He did say Q2 visuals were nice, and they are most of the time.
To answer your question, G2 still has better visuals, less taxing on GPU vs Q2 link at 300Mbps (see my link above), much better comfort, best in class audio, no Facebook. For just PCVR G2 is worth the extra cost in my eyes. If standalone VR is of any value to you, then this may tip the balance in favour of Q2, provided you are ok with Facebook.
_VWV_

Soldato
(2) QUEST 2 VS REVERB G2 - Through-The-Lens Comparison! Can Link With v23 Close The Visual Gap? - YouTube

Just watched the above, and I have to say, the Q2 is looking good! If I hadn't got the G2 at the early bird price, I'd seriously consider this as an option. Not sure if MRTV wanted to - but this video really shows the Q2 in a good light - no, not as crisp as the G2, but dang - is there £300 worth more crisps in that G2 packet?

Quest 2 is great, but, if you are a Sim player then the G2 will be better.

Back
Top Bottom