*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Might be a silly question, is there something different with the games when purchasing through the Oculus mobile app compared to the Oculus website in a browser?

For example, Superhot VR is £13.29 in app compared to £9.55 on the website.

Likelyhood is one is Rift, one is Quest. Not all games are crossbuy (meaning you buy on one store, and get a free version of the other).

Soldato
That's the difference then, cheers! That little dropdown to select the device has caught me out in the past. I was looking at the Rift version online by mistake.

Worth checking out what's crossbuy and what isn't, there's usually a chance to pick up a bargain in the rift store, and crossbuy it into the quest version. Got keep talking and nobody explodes a while ago on rift for a couple of quid, then had a free quest version.

Soldato
Anyone played stormland?

Yes, it's a game that had a lot of potential but the developer was bought by Sony so there have been no meaningful updates since release.

It's got some big flaws and could have done with extra content, but it's very pretty, and has some good core gameplay.

It's just a shame it'll never get the support it deserved.

Soldato
Decided to put together a list of the Oculus "Cross-Buy" titles which are in the sale, and are cheaper on the Rift Store than the Quest Store:

Game Name - Rift Price (Quest Price)
2MD: VR Football Unleashed - £8.99 (£10.99)
Apex Construct - £9.99 (£14.99)
Bonfire - £1.53 (£3.99)
Cave Digger - £10.49 (£14.99)
Creed: Rise to Glory - £15.99 (£22.99)
Electronauts - £7.99 (£14.99)
Gravity Lab - £7.99 (£10.99)
Guns’n’Stories - £2.30 (£7.99)
Last Labyrinth - £19.54 (£22.99)
Path of the Warrior - £7.99 (£14.99)
Phantom: Covert Ops £15.99 (£22.99)
Rocket Lagoon - £5.99 (£10.99)
Shadow Point - £7.99 (£14.99)
Shooty Fruity - £7.99 (£14.99)
Thumper - £7.99 (£14.99)
Wands - £6.99 (£14.99)

Buy any of the above on the Rift Store and you get the Quest Store version for free. This can save up to £8 versus buying the game directly on Quest!

Soldato
Anyone played stormland?

Yeah.

They say it's limited down the line, but of the few hours i had with it, i liked it a lot. You need a decent system to pull it, but it looks great and there's some fantastic vr'isms with your avatar and crafting stations. Works fine with revive too.

There's a dedicated thread with some deeper thoughts.

Soldato
Audica has a nice discount on the daily deal, I highly recommend giving it a go

I am stuck been buying this, Until You Fall or Holo Point.

Ghost Giant looks intriguing as well, it's on special off too.

I am no good at making decisions, so I will probably end up postponing making a choice and just play another round of Pistol Whip or Beat Saber :p

Caporegime
I am stuck been buying this, Until You Fall or Holo Point.

Ghost Giant looks intriguing as well, it's on special off too.

I am no good at making decisions, so I will probably end up postponing making a choice and just play another round of Pistol Whip or Beat Saber :p

You can always buy, test a bunch of tracks, and if you don't like it, refund within 2 hours. ;)

Back
Top Bottom