• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm not entirely sure you're using the word speculation correctly in relation to the AMD stock situation. MLID specifically highlights his "sources" as a way to significantly support his claims. Often saying he has observed evidence / information to convey the validity of that. By definition, not speculation. Especially in relation to his AMD stock info.

As I've said, they'll get wrong, they'll get stuff right (said in last post). But when MLID goes all in (as said above) on his AMD supply information, citing several rock solid "sources" claiming he's seen distribution numbers.. Then come AIB launch occurs and retailers across the world directly contradict that with their own official statement... You end up looking like a tit.

I stopped watching MLID videos when he proved to be completely wrong about the AMD AIB launch. He didn't admit to be being wrong about stock availability for the reference card launch either - there was no stock there barring AMD's own website. He makes a business of stating things in a confident manner that makes people believe him - even if it's all fiction.

Associate
I stopped watching MLID videos when he proved to be completely wrong about the AMD AIB launch. He didn't admit to be being wrong about stock availability for the reference card launch either - there was no stock there barring AMD's own website. He makes a business of stating things in a confident manner that makes people believe him - even if it's all fiction.

Its a shame bud because I do genuinely enjoy allot of his videos, like many people I just wish he would instead cut out the arrogance and simply acknowledge he got it wrong and move forward. It isn't like anyone expects him to be 100% on the money all the time but he's developed this bizarre obsession with being right, bragging about it when he is or defending his position despite mounting evidence proves he isn't. Its very silly and now its reached a point where allot of people are letting him know.

Associate
DLSS is not 'the future', its a temporary workaround to attempt to get acceptable performance at higher resolutions. We need gpus with about 4 times the performance of existing high end gpus, to run games at 8k resolution, which is about 4 times as many pixels. With mgpus already planned by nvidia, I think this could be achieved in between 3-4 years. In theory though, you can already achieve a similar level of quality (to a large 8k monitor) with a very small 4k monitor (14-15 inches), but we've all become so used to large tvs and monitors...

I hope it's not a temporary workaround. If I can't distinguish between the displayed image when playing (rather than studying a static capture) then it means the same quality for less performance & thus less ££.
As someone who wants high framerate 1440p with top visuals as cheaply as possible, anything that can help do that I want to stick around. Why waste money on extra transistors if I get the same experience with less + DLSS or whatever AMD call it?

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure you're using the word speculation correctly in relation to the AMD stock situation. MLID specifically highlights his "sources" as a way to significantly support his claims. Often saying he has observed evidence / information to convey the validity of that. By definition, not speculation. Especially in relation to his AMD stock info.

As I've said, they'll get wrong, they'll get stuff right (said in last post). But when MLID goes all in (as said above) on his AMD supply information, citing several rock solid "sources" claiming he's seen distribution numbers.. Then come AIB launch occurs and retailers across the world directly contradict that with their own official statement... You end up looking like a tit.

Also I think you're struggling to read. This isn't an opinion I've formed on the stock availability of the AIB launch, major retailers across multiple countries in Europe, in US and Canada have released statements (as highlighted). Its a bit like you saying "I believe wine is made out of shoelaces", when it's not...

As for not caring? You trawled through a video highlighting multiple time stamps to try and prove a point :rolleyes:

A point by the way that you failed to prove.
Oh you are triggered one aren't you:p. Good old ad hominem when you cannot refute the information provided to you. Your strawman "sources" which you took literally. Is all part of the speculation. You do realize that his sources could be right or wrong? No one can prove or disprove it. Rofl

As I said before you take either of them with a grain of salt. Just entertainers in the gpu space.

And to not understand that both YouTubers ere more highly involved in speculation. In which you infer a reading/definition problem clearly demonstrates a lack of sound judgment and reasoning. As to what they've been doing for the past several weeks was...speculation. :eek:

As I've said, they'll get wrong, they'll get stuff right (said in last post).
Even though you post this its hard to believe you have accepted it with the circular argument you keep posting. Either way it refutes you're own contents.

It's not that serious...well for me. Making your whole argument rather pointless.
:D

Caporegime
DLSS is not 'the future', its a temporary workaround to attempt to get acceptable performance at higher resolutions. We need gpus with about 4 times the performance of existing high end gpus, to run games at 8k resolution, which is about 4 times as many pixels. With mgpus already planned by nvidia, I think this could be achieved in between 3-4 years. In theory though, you can already achieve a similar level of quality (to a large 8k monitor) with a very small 4k monitor (14-15 inches), but we've all become so used to large tvs and monitors...
DLSS in its first iteration was rather questionable with blurry looking images at times but now it looks stunning and dare I say it.... Better than the original image and whilst giving more fps, so it isn't a temporary fix and indeed the future. AMD have a similar thing coming (not sure how long) but will be just as good in time.

Associate
Oh you are triggered one aren't you:p. Good old ad hominem when you cannot refute the information provided to you. Your strawman "sources" which you took literally. Is all part of the speculation. You do realize that his sources could be right or wrong? No one can prove or disprove it. Rofl

As I said before you take either of them with a grain of salt. Just entertainers in the gpu space.

And to not understand that both YouTubers ere more highly involved in speculation. In which you infer a reading/definition problem clearly demonstrates a lack of sound judgment and reasoning. As to what they've been doing for the past several weeks was...speculation. :eek:

Even though you post this its hard to believe you have accepted it with the circular argument you keep posting. Either way it refutes you're own contents.

It's not that serious...well for me. Making your whole argument rather pointless.

Triggered? Did you really just try the "You mad bro?" Approach :rolleyes:

Again, you don't seem to understand the definition of speculation. Theyll be things they report with a "pinch of salt" and then things they say they have confirmed sources and have themselves observed the evidence to support the conclusion they've made when meeting with their sources.

As I said, multiple times you don't seem to be able to understand (pattern forming). Myself and many others don't mind him being wrong, we do however find it disappointing that now retailers have given a factual account that he refuses to admit his error and is instead doubling down. Digging himself a bigger hole in the process. Its embarrassing to watch. Especially when he went so "all in" on this one. When he could instead focus on the content that people enjoy and drop it.

You seem very insistent on how much you "don't care", bit like a moody teenager goth. Yet as I said before, decide to trawl all the way around a 2 hour video to cite timestamps.... Youre practically a care bear, give me a cuddle.

Last edited:
Associate
The problem is that "render" is not precisely defined in a technical sense, and one of the reasons for that is because the process of "rendering" is one that has rapidly evolved over a relatively short space of time incorporating new technology. There's no real authority on it because no one owns the idea or concept of rendering, you have to use the term in a very loose way.

If you look at what it would mean to "render" back in say the DX8 days you'd be looking at doing much more basic rasterization with not much else going on, and it what was produced was considered a rendered image. Today those steps would only represent a subset of a longer and more complex graphics pipeline. I think in that sense you can justify saying the image is rendered prior to DLSS taking place, and that's how Nvidia themselves talk about DLSS which is taking a rendered image as input, along with other information and producing an upscaled version of that. The "post" in post-processing basically refers to after you've rendered the image, if you look at those post-process steps in isolation you couldn't consider them rendering in and of themselves, for example FXAA is a type of post processing anti-aliasing but I'm fairly sure most of us wouldn't consider the FXAA library a "renderer" in and of itself. But you could definitely say that about the rasterization steps in isolation.

But I think it's it's also fair to say that the graphics pipeline itself spits out what you'd consider a rendered image at the end, it's rendered + some post processing.

Soldato

Hardware Unboxed said the same thing about stock availability which then turned out not to be the case as well, so whatever happened between "rumours from sources" to the actual launch day... simply means that things can change it doesn't necessarily make either pathological liars simply that things can change and they only know what they're told... which may turn out to be ultimately inaccurate or out of date by the time things are supposed to happen.

Associate

He was also wrong about the NVIDIA Ampere launch. He claimed NVIDIA was hoarding stocks to dump when Big Navi hit the market. He claimed NVIDIA was shipping 300,000 3080s to AIBs for sale early November. When that didn't happen, he started claiming its because NVIDIA is retooling the 3080 for the 3080 Ti and 3080 would be slowly phased out with dwindling stock numbers.

Soldato
Triggered? Did you really just try the "You mad bro?" Approach :rolleyes:

Again, you don't seem to understand the definition of speculation. Theyll be things they report with a "pinch of salt" and then things they say they have confirmed sources and have themselves observed the evidence to support the conclusion they've made when meeting with their sources.

As I said, multiple times you don't seem to be able to understand (pattern forming). Myself and many others don't mind him being wrong, we do however find it disappointing that now retailers have given a factual account that he refuses to admit his error and is instead doubling down. Digging himself a bigger hole in the process. Its embarrassing to watch. Especially when he went so "all in" on this one. When he could instead focus on the content that people enjoy and drop it.

You seem very insistent on how much you "don't care", bit like a moody teenager goth. Yet as I said before, decide to trawl all the way around a 2 hour video to cite timestamps.... Youre practically a care bear, give me a cuddle.
As I've said, they'll get wrong, they'll get stuff right (said in last post).

Rofl, you are now arguing with yourself.
Circular arguments, check
Ad hominem, check
Angry that I don't agree with you, check
No longer making any sense, check
Counter arguing your own point(s), check

Very self defeating. The way you go on and on and on about someone opinion piece is rather embarrassing and imo getting way off topic.

Here is a suggestion. If you are thus viscerally incensed why not mustard the courage and confront them yourself. I never implied nor suggested that I'm a proxy. :p

Thats the part you don't seem to comprehend. I don't care how what some one else says makes you feel.:D

I've provided my opinion and will stick to it.
  • Both of them are entertainers in the gpu space
  • Neither of them should be taken seriously
  • NAAF recanted and back track on his position that it was a paper launch.
  • NAAF admitted that he knew AMD was shipping gpus but was to embarrassed to admit to it. In which MLID corrected him.
  • Just because you didn't get a card doesn't mean its a paper launch.
Having said that all we can do is agree to disagree. But because we disagree doesn't rationalize your anger about it. Nor this compulsive, triggered obsession you keep posting about. It is clear you are not convinced of you own point of view.

Associate
Hardware Unboxed said the same thing about stock availability which then turned out not to be the case as well, so whatever happened between "rumours from sources" to the actual launch day... simply means that things can change it doesn't necessarily make either pathological liars simply that things can change and they only know what they're told... which may turn out to be ultimately inaccurate or out of date by the time things are supposed to happen.

HUB has always been biased a bit towards AMD. Doesn't surprise me. He keeps saying AMD's stock levels were 'Ampere level bad' when the stocks of AMD cards do not exist and simply cannot be compared with NVIDIA. Proshop is supposedly receiving only 25 cards. OCUK was not even taking proper preorders. NVIDIA's stocks were atrocious but at least there were plenty enough for scalpers. AIB 6800 XTs are selling for much higher prices than reference models, which the reviewers were not informed in advance as no one would recommend a 6800XT at that price. The 6900XT is having a realistic street price of at least £1100. Don't even want to know what the 3080 Ti will now cost as NVIDIA knows the £999 price-point was just for marketing.

Associate
Rofl, you are now arguing with yourself.
Circular arguments, check
Ad hominem, check
Angry that I don't agree with you, check
No longer making any sense, check
Counter arguing your own point(s), check

Very self defeating. The way you go on and on and on about someone opinion piece is rather embarrassing and imo getting way off topic.

Here is a suggestion. If you are thus viscerally incensed why not mustard the courage and confront them yourself. I never implied nor suggested that I'm a proxy. :p

Thats the part you don't seem to comprehend. I don't care how what some one else says makes you feel.:D

I've provided my opinion and will stick to it.
  • Both of them are entertainers in the gpu space
  • Neither of them should be taken seriously
  • NAAF recanted and back track on his position that it was a paper launch.
  • NAAF admitted that he knew AMD was shipping gpus but was to embarrassed to admit to it. In which MLID corrected him.
  • Just because you didn't get a card doesn't mean its a paper launch.
Having said that all we can do is agree to disagree. But because we disagree doesn't rationalize your anger about it. Nor this compulsive, triggered obsession you keep posting about. It is clear you are not convinced of you own point of view.

Its quite interesting when you search and take a look at how many times you've used the same triggered and "i don't care" approach, pages of results. You ok? Would you like me to ship you some new strings for that bow of yours, unlike the 6800 AIBs they're in stock :D

I've been quite clear, how you've come to the conclusion its a circular argument is beyond me, although you do seem to struggle to grasp very simple explanations.

As I've said, UK retailers have issued statements publicly on no AIB stock, Proshop, Komplett and CaseKing are a few (of the many) which have done the same. B&H issued a statement of no stock in US and Microcenter in US and Canada posted on their forum stating no stock and no idea when. Newegg and Amazon has been confirmed that no stock was listed for sale.

You keep clinging to this idea that the AIB launch was not a paper launch, despite the considerable evidence direct from retailers (not third parties) proving as such. This isn't a case of having an opinion, agreeing to disagree... There are facts and then there is the happy happy place you've made in your head, does it look like this?

care-bears_510.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom