Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2020, Sakhir - Race 15/17

Rate the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix out of 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I think he should be, but Red Bull seem determined to pin their colours to his mast. I think they're looking for something, anything, that'll let them keep him on.

That wouldn't surprise me as Red Bull have a big link to Thailand,
but at some point you've gotta say enough is enough,
they need someone that can get closer to their goldenboy Max and help him and the team

Since Danny Ric left Red Bull they've been a one man team

Soldato
That wouldn't surprise me as Red Bull have a big link to Thailand,
but at some point you've gotta say enough is enough,
they need someone that can get closer to their goldenboy Max and help him and the team

Since Danny Ric left Red Bull they've been a one man team

51% Thai owned.

Agreed. Danny Ric was giving them poles and race wins. No doubt he'd be close on points with Max.

Soldato
I think he should be, but Red Bull seem determined to pin their colours to his mast. I think they're looking for something, anything, that'll let them keep him on.
I think they're just trying to save some face. Marko said a few races ago that the only reason Albon is still in that seat is because RB are safe P2 in the WCC. That's why Gasly got booted when he did, RB were in a tight fight for WCC positions and they hoped that Albon would bring in more points.

51% Thai owned.
I didn't know that, that would explain more. Although Albon is as Thai as Greg Rusedski was British.

Man of Honour
Apparently, F1 is ditching F1tv in Germany and sending it to Sky. I guess that probably means the whole idea is going to be canned soon.

It looks like its not getting ditched but made part of the offering to Sky Germany F1 subscribers; in the statement on the f1 website (Formula 1 and Sky Deutschland agree long term exclusive rights agreement from 2021 | Formula 1®)
It mentions "• F1 TV Pro available to Sky Sports subscribers as part of the overall offering in Germany."

That sounds similar to what was rumoured in the UK earlier in the year that existing Sky Sports subscribers would also get access to F1 TV without additional payment; essentially looks like Germany is going down the same route as the UK with F1 going to pay TV with a few free races a year.
I'm sure it was just last year that RTL stopped their free to air broadcast (as they couldn't afford the rights) - Sky F1 in Germany isn't the full channel / service we get over here currently.

Caporegime
Yep. I got an email saying my subscription runs out on 3 Dec. WTF. It doesn't even cover the whole season.

I think you've misread that, mate, my email (now I found it...) says:

Right now, you’ve got an F1 TV Pro monthly subscription that’s due to renew on 03/12/2020. If you continue with your renewal, your subscription to F1 TV Pro will end on 31 December and you’ll no longer be able to view F1 TV Pro content.​

It looks like its not getting ditched but made part of the offering to Sky Germany F1 subscribers; in the statement on the f1 website (Formula 1 and Sky Deutschland agree long term exclusive rights agreement from 2021 | Formula 1®)
It mentions "• F1 TV Pro available to Sky Sports subscribers as part of the overall offering in Germany."

That sounds similar to what was rumoured in the UK earlier in the year that existing Sky Sports subscribers would also get access to F1 TV without additional payment; essentially looks like Germany is going down the same route as the UK with F1 going to pay TV with a few free races a year.
I'm sure it was just last year that RTL stopped their free to air broadcast (as they couldn't afford the rights) - Sky F1 in Germany isn't the full channel / service we get over here currently.

The separate F1TV product on which I can watch F1 without giving money to Sky is going to cease to exist; the idea of F1 have a direct-to-F1 revenue stream is going to cease to exist; that - to me, at least - seems like ditching the product whether they're going to carry on the branding or not.

RTL still has free-to-air for this season. Going pay-only is a huge mistake for F1. Absolute idiocy.

Soldato
I don’t get it, they could make a fortune going their own route. :( Yeah they wouldn’t get the filthy cable/satellite casuals but if they priced it right loads of people would subscribe from all around the world.

Soldato
Another stunning performance. Can't wait for '22 and him in a decent car.
That was a very very tidy lap, I so badly want to see what he can do with better machinery.

Impressive lap from Stroll, he rarely converts his qualifying results into the race, but he's beginning to win me over a bit, slowly, but he's coming on as a driver.

Back
Top Bottom