LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
family member works for JL
Are they still strict on you having to live at the same address as the ‘partner’ to get the discount? I worked for head office for a number of years and they were always really funny about it. But then, I never saw any system that tracks or polices the rules?

Associate
I just received my 65'' CX. For the price of the 55, I couldn't resist!!
But... OH MY, OH MY! It's GIGANTIC! Or enormous? Or... godzilla-sized???
I'm gonna use it for gaming and I'm coming from an ultrawide 34''. Thank god it has no problems or defects, so i'm gonna start getting used to it.
Any youtube video with best settings? Should I use the classic ones for xbox/ps5? I've connected it to my 3080, so no console settings needed.

Soldato
Impressed with the tv. My samsung looked better to me on some games as the HDR was much brighter but obviously nowhere near as good in the dark. Having read the burn in thread on av forums and considering my main use (gaming) I don't expect the tv to last more than 2-3 years at which point I'll assess the economic viability of panel replacement or consider going back to led. Don't regret getting it though, I knew the risk before I paid.

Soldato
I find the brightness to not be an issue, maybe it's because I'm used to mid level LED tv's like MU6400 and NU7400 which are probably equal brightness?

But the only difference HDR wise, I compare to my phone as that's much brighter is the white bits, but then the contrast means it doesn't necessarily have to get so bright, a lot of time it seems to look a bit unrealistic if it's over bright?

Soldato
OK, I am now member of the LG CX club. Have resisted 4K for so long but decided to take the plunge today after seeing one of these on Display in a local Electronics store.
It's a 55inch model. This is my first 4K TV :)

Currently I have a 55 inch LG 55EG910V from 2015 in my living room and a Pioneer LX5090 in my computer room. My computer room is also my office and home cinema room combined lol. My problem is I have really decided where I want to put the TV. The Living room is more comfortable but the Computer room has the Av Receiver and good speakers.

I will probably put it in the computer room first and try it out, can move it around later.

But, this does mean the end of my LX5090. :( What an amazing TV it has been for the last 11 years. Picture is still amazing.

Just a quick question. Since my AV receiver is no 4K compatible, can I try a HDMI cable from my computer to the TV and then have another HDMI cable going from the TV to the Receiver. Does it do full audio Passthrough? I know some TVs only pass through in stereo.

Associate
finally replaced my 10 year old 42 inch samsung that cost me 250 and has treated me well. however, seeing as i now know longer need to worry about moving from rental to rental I have decided to to treat myself with money i have save. gone for the lg cx oled 55inhc ( model size up from the 48 that i wabted, but also nearly £300 cheaper so thought why not) which i cant wait to arrive. need to look into a 4k blu ray player. as this is only for movies. i game on a pc and 1440p 144hz monitor

i have my current tv set to quite dim levels and when i watched a film on this at a friends i have wanted it.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I just received my 65'' CX. For the price of the 55, I couldn't resist!!
But... OH MY, OH MY! It's GIGANTIC! Or enormous? Or... godzilla-sized???
I'm gonna use it for gaming and I'm coming from an ultrawide 34''. Thank god it has no problems or defects, so i'm gonna start getting used to it.
Any youtube video with best settings? Should I use the classic ones for xbox/ps5? I've connected it to my 3080, so no console settings needed.

So you have managed to bag one for £1300?!! if so where at?

Soldato
How does one get 5.1 via hdmi passthrough, as I'm only getting either stereo or 5.1 via selecting Dolby Atmos in windows control, but bit sure if Dolby Atmos will work with 5.1.

The 5.1 is greyed out ?

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I will be popping down to Peter Tyson's to demo the lg cx and q90t:) alreay had the chat with and they will be keeping the prices from the black friday sales.

Soldato
Does the VRR issue cause washed out blacks?

No, raised blacks. It is pending a firmware fix which has rolled out in the engineering firmware updates.
To temporarily fix it, you can put the brightness to 49 and blacks will become inky but at the expense of potentially some crushed shadow detail.

There is also a Dolby Vision issue which is also fixed with brightness at 49; but in video content, you want to track the ETOF curve for image accuracy. The alternative fix it setting contrast at 99 or 98 instead which eliminates most of the issues temporarily. The DV is NOT pending a fix and is sadly the sad state of affairs which Dolby is happy to administer DV at on OLED Displays (every display has issues with it).

Soldato
My GX just died.

Decided to replace with a CX and pocket the £1k saving to put towards the projector fund (either a second hand Epson 9300 or a new epson 9400 or I just save up money until next year when I buy a JVC)... I think I am edging towards the 9400.

Soldato
Hi all this is a bit if a weird one and probably quite niche but I'm hoping for some advice!

I have a Nintendo Gamecube connected to HDMI 3.
Tried it about a week ago and it worked fine, displayed perfectly. However went to use it today and have an issue.

It detects the device is on and offers to change input to hdmi 3. When I change to it, the screen is just black. Doesn't throw up no signal, it's just blank.
Then after that if I change back to HDMI 1 (My TV Box) that screen is blank to in the same way.
I then turn the TV off and on, and hdmi 1 works again.

If I try the gamecube the issue repeats. It's odd as it worked the first time I set it up. It's as if it knocks out the hdmi's in some way.

Any tips or am I missing something obvious
Thanks

Soldato
My 55" CX is due for delivery tomorrow and I'm having pre-delivery jitters. Mainly because I'm worried it's too big (I'd have got the 48" if it wasn't £300 more expensive) and also for spending so much on a TV!

Hopefully once it's set up and switched on that all goes away.

Soldato
Hi all this is a bit if a weird one and probably quite niche but I'm hoping for some advice!

I have a Nintendo Gamecube connected to HDMI 3.
Tried it about a week ago and it worked fine, displayed perfectly. However went to use it today and have an issue.

It detects the device is on and offers to change input to hdmi 3. When I change to it, the screen is just black. Doesn't throw up no signal, it's just blank.
Then after that if I change back to HDMI 1 (My TV Box) that screen is blank to in the same way.
I then turn the TV off and on, and hdmi 1 works again.

If I try the gamecube the issue repeats. It's odd as it worked the first time I set it up. It's as if it knocks out the hdmi's in some way.

Any tips or am I missing something obvious
Thanks
When you say turn the TV off and on, do you mean standby or a power cycle? I ask because I've had the black screen issue a few times while playing games on PC via HDMI, but don't know what caused it. I still get audio, but only a proper 10 second power cycle fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom