Hi, I am New Here

Man of Honour
Welcome to the madhouse! :)

What interests you? Despite the connection with a computer hardware shop, these forums cover almost every topic. There's a lot going on in the motors section, which covers everything from "spec me a car" to threads on project cars people are building, restoring, modifying, etc. Speakers Corner is generally a relatively thoughtful discussion area on various relatively serious topics. General Discussion is a bit more of a free for all (though still censored and moderated) and almost any topic can go in there, no matter how frivolous. There's a load of sports subforums, which I know nothing about. There's probably a thread for everyone and if there isn't you can start one in General Discussion.

There are some running in-jokes for people who've been here for a while based on old posts that became notable for one reason or another, but it's not bad. There isn't any use of special abbreviations to make things cliquey, no Secret Code for the Initiated malarky. Even relatively widespread abbreviations are generally avoided in favour of standard English. Except for computer related ones where appropriate, of course. It would be silly to expect people to, for example, always type the full description of memory rather than the usual abbreviation.

It's a good collection of forums. Relatively civilised.

Back
Top Bottom