Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
The guys and gals from Bluepoint games have just done an art dump over on artstation
Article
https://magazine.artstation.com/202...medium=toprow&utm_campaign=1789-demon-s-souls
Main website
https://www.artstation.com/?sort_by=trending&dimension=3d

Tip: Click on people names to access their portfolio, there may be more images there.

Edit: Forgot to mention game spoilers in link

You may be able to find some epic wallpapers to your liking like this one (Boss Spoiler)
dane-brennand-penetrator-01-16x9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So running back and forth between 2.2 , 3-1 and 4-1 has levelled me up somewhat, resupplied meds and upgraded weapons. I'm not sure when I picked up the dragonsword but it kicks ass.

Went to 3-1 and unlocked everything to the boss so ready to fight it tonight.

Associate
Early farming spoiler.

Stay in soul form. Start level 4-2 with a bow, shoot the rays, kill the reaper, then run back outside and jump to your death. Rinse and repeat for about 6k souls in around a minute

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I found a starter farm area. Jump to 1-3 turn around and kill the 2 blue armoured blokes x2. Some good xp and loads of meds. Then rinse and repeat.

Successful night. Killed fools, flamelurker and the dragon. On the downside when I visited 4-1 theres a new ninja phantom that is 1 shotting me. :(

Soldato
OP
So my 4-1 is basically messed up now. Because my tendency is black the phantom satsuki is pretty much impossible to beat. Hes at the start and goes straight for you. I cannot progress. Any tips???

Soldato
Completed this tonight, first time playing Demon Souls and absolutely loved it, game is stunning and enjoyed every second.
Took me just over 32 hours, and I’ve already started a new run!

Soldato
OP
Can anyone come and help me kill him lol. I tried coop and even then everyone getting slain

Edit nvm did it :p

Last edited:
Associate
I used to shoot through the fog to kill one. lol. I think it's been fixed on the PS5 game.

Yeah thats why I hate it more on the PS5, they fixed the cheese way lol. Done it now though, died about 20 times........

Was playing some PvP last night, I got back stabbed twice and my health never went down, I also won the fight lol.

Last edited:
Associate
So my 4-1 is basically messed up now. Because my tendency is black the phantom satsuki is pretty much impossible to beat. Hes at the start and goes straight for you. I cannot progress. Any tips???

Same here, I'm getting my ass handed to me by the time I even know what's happening.

Does anyone have an idiots guide for what tendency is/does?

Associate
Does anyone have an idiots guide for what tendency is/does?

Basically the more you die the darker the area gets, dark tendency makes the game harder as red phantoms appear. You get 45 light for killing a boss. You also get dark tendency for invading to much.

The idea is to make you think about every fight, even the easy enemies, don't die to much and beat the boss will give the area light tendency. This also starts different story lines. Souls games are very complex if you are new to the series.

This explains it quite well

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/demons-souls-what-is-world-tendency

Last edited:
Associate
Basically the more you die the darker the area gets, dark tendency makes the game harder as red phantoms appear. You get 45 light for killing a boss. You also get dark tendency for invading to much.

The idea is to make you think about every fight, even the easy enemies, don't die to much and beat the boss will give the area light tendency. This also starts different story lines. Souls games are very complex if you are new to the series.

This explains it quite well

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/demons-souls-what-is-world-tendency

Thanks!

The only thing is is that I've only died a couple of times in 4-1. Was just doing a bit of farming there so kept going back to the archstone to reset the area, next thing I know this phantom is smacking me about! The guide there says certain things affect the world tendency - the only thing I've done differently is killing the storm beasts. Can this affect the world tendency?

The Soulsborne series is easily my favourite series ever. I did play the original when I was only 18 but never spent much time on it.

Associate
A good early weapon in 4-1. Diagonal shortcut to get the crescent falchion then a little further on, another shortcut to the the boss. After that onto 4-2 with bow for farming.

Soldato
OP
Thanks!

The only thing is is that I've only died a couple of times in 4-1. Was just doing a bit of farming there so kept going back to the archstone to reset the area, next thing I know this phantom is smacking me about! The guide there says certain things affect the world tendency - the only thing I've done differently is killing the storm beasts. Can this affect the world tendency?

The Soulsborne series is easily my favourite series ever. I did play the original when I was only 18 but never spent much time on it.

Assuming this is phantom satsuki we are talking about I feel for you! In the end I levelled up a bit used thief ring and summoned a mate and we beat him together.

Associate
Assuming this is phantom satsuki we are talking about I feel for you! In the end I levelled up a bit used thief ring and summoned a mate and we beat him together.
It must be, comes straight at me and smacks me in two hits! I'll need to get the thief ring if I don't already have it - didn't even have enough time to summon anyone before I'm dead :D

Associate
Maneater.... hated that boss on the ps3 and hate it even more on the ps5. Toughest fight in the whole game imo.

I came up against this one tonight. After a few attempts I just gave up and will have to try it at a later time. I'm alright until the second one shows up lol.

Back
Top Bottom