• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That's the tv I just replaced! It's a great tv still. I kinda miss the retina burning hdr it could do. But I don't miss the glowing corners on dark scenes.
I used a preset calibration I found on maybe hdtvtest or something and although that's not supposed to be done I always liked the picture.

Ha nice, what did you move to? Yeah, i do like it but my brother in law got the LG C9 and I have to admit its nice

Soldato
I have the ks7500, looking to upgrade at some point but not until next year now. It still does 4K so it’s really good enough for me atm.

looking to go Sony next

Soldato
Christ alive, had it a couple of times today where the controller will disconnect mid game. Has happened just now and tried turning off the PS5 from the console button itself, now it’s sat stuck with a blinking white light again.
I think you should consider returning the console or at least sending it for repair. I’ve had 0 issues with mine and have played heavily since owning it.

Soldato
Oh right - so he's talking about a completely useless metric then - hadn't realised.
PS4 being the "lesser spec" console, however the better overall console for sales and exclusives.

lol, it’s hardly a useless metric when a good 75% of the games you’ll play are multi-platform and so play / look better on the One X. I can’t help that people rate brand over experience.

Soldato
I think you should consider returning the console or at least sending it for repair. I’ve had 0 issues with mine and have played heavily since owning it.

I would but it’s extremely unlikely to be hardware related, this kind of issue looks certainly software in nature, particularly from what people are saying online.

I’ve just managed to get it back on after multiple restarts, and it’s come up with the “report the error to Sony” message. Going to hold out for further updates from Sony.

Soldato
Ha nice, what did you move to? Yeah, i do like it but my brother in law got the LG C9 and I have to admit its nice

LG CX. I'm very pleased with it. I'm not sure I'd want to go go back to led now but both types have their advantages.

All this malarkey is why I'm not bothering with it yet. I think Dolby Vision should be the saviour (from my expected/limited knowledge) so the sooner games start using this, the better. Unfortunately it seems to be limited to Xbox Series at the moment.

Its fine most the day it's just at times like on AC where I'm wondering if I'm playing it as the devs intended but I end up just choosing what looks good to me. Most games only have a minor adjustment to make.

Associate
I would but it’s extremely unlikely to be hardware related, this kind of issue looks certainly software in nature, particularly from what people are saying online.

I’ve just managed to get it back on after multiple restarts, and it’s come up with the “report the error to Sony” message. Going to hold out for further updates from Sony.

Personally I would try another pad. The series X has a few duff ones as well.

Associate
hmmm they are paying a £30 subscription to gain £100...….when you are struggling to put food on the table......hmmm yeah somehow I doubt that (what the statement says anyway)
Article seems to suggest its £500 profit (or 100% + ) I think I believe the latter to be honest

The web is fantastic, but sometimes the old days are the best (like queueing up at midnight on the day of release) - even for covid something could have been done to avoid this

Struggling to put food on the table and you are worried about this? Crazy times.

Associate
I bet HMRC could make a killing targeting scalpers for unpaid tax.

They won't though since there are too many individuals to track. They could, however, go after the ringleaders of major scalper groups. But I suspect these folk are more savvy than we give them credit for and know how to exploit tax loopholes etc.

Back
Top Bottom