New Meshify Cases from Fractal Design

Soldato
Fractal Design have just released a Meshify version of the Define 7, an updated version of the Meshify S2, simply called the Meshify 2 and 2 XL.

Meshify 2

Meshify 2 XL

Meshify 2

Specs are as follows:
  • 3.5"/2.5" Universal drive mounts
    6 included, 14 positions total + 1 Multibracket
  • Dedicated 2.5" drive mounts
    2 included, 4 positions total
  • Expansion slots
    7 + 2
  • Front interface
    1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0, Audio I/O, Power button, Reset button
  • Total fan mounts
    9x 120/140 mm
  • Front fan
    3x 120/140 mm (2x Dynamic X2 GP-14 included)
  • Top fan
    3x 120/140 mm
  • Rear fan
    1x 120/140 mm (1x Dynamic X2 GP-14 included)
  • Bottom fan
    2x 120/140 mm
  • Dust filters
    Top, front and bottom
  • Fixed velcro straps
    Yes
  • Cable routing grommets
    Yes
  • Captive thumbscrews
    HDD, SSD and PSU brackets
Meshify 2 XL Specs
  • 3.5"/2.5" Universal drive mounts
    6 included, 18 positions total + 2 Multibrackets
  • Dedicated 2.5" drive mounts
    2 included, 5 positions total
  • Expansion slots
    9 + 3
  • Front interface
    1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0, Audio I/O, Power button, Reset button
  • Total fan mounts
    11x 120 mm or 9x 140 mm
  • Front fan
    4x 120 mm or 3x 140 mm, (2x Dynamic X2 GP-14 included)
  • Top fan
    4x 120 mm or 3x 140 mm
  • Rear fan
    1x 120/140 mm, (1x Dynamic X2 GP-14 included)
  • Bottom fan
    2x 120/140 mm
  • Dust filters
    Top, front and bottom
  • Fixed velcro straps
    Yes
  • Cable routing grommets
    Yes
  • Captive thumbscrews
    HDD, SSD and PSU brackets
I'd be really interested to know when OCUK are getting these in stock as I think this would be a worthy successor to replace my Corsair 750D

Soldato
These look great the only odd thing is why the white version isn’t all white like the R7 is.

The only thing I don’t like about this current generation is how the side panels clip on. I much prefer being able to screw them in especially on the rear side of the motherboard.

Associate
I think Meshify 2 and 2 XL was released on 11th. I bought the Meshify S2 on the 9th. :p

I like that the 2:
  • Has the power / HDD light at top centre
  • It’s easier to remove the improved front filter
  • The fan hub is in a better location?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
These look great the only odd thing is why the white version isn’t all white like the R7 is.

The only thing I don’t like about this current generation is how the side panels clip on. I much prefer being able to screw them in especially on the rear side of the motherboard.

I believe you can screw in the side panels, from the videos I've seen its meant to be used when moving the cases, but I'm with you, I'd leave the screws in all the time

I think Meshify 2 and 2 XL was released on 11th. I bought the Meshify S2 on the 9th. :p

I like that the 2:
  • Has the power / HDD light at top centre
  • It’s easier to remove the improved front filter
  • The fan hub is in a better location?

I'll be removing the fan controller I think as I have a full Corsair setup, so everything runs through the Corsair Commander

Soldato
OP
Just ordered myself a Meshify 2, non XL version to replace my Corsair 750D, OCUK never responded to my question about when they were getting them in stock so I had to order elsewhere annoyingly

Permabanned
Fractal sure do make nice cases, but as with many other manufacturers I am not sure I like the angled. I understand why they do it but I think they could have done better with other patterns rather than the random "stealth" thing.

Associate
Does anyone have one of these new Meshify cases yet? I'm curious to see what folk think of them, tho I dont think OC have them listed? Can only seem them on competitor sites.

Associate
Really happy with the Meshify 2. Loads of space to work in (and so there should be with the case size) and the build was simple. Side panels are really easy to remove and the top-mounting for the AIO works really well. very happy with my choice.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Turns out I didn't need to wait long, it's being delivered this afternoon. Still showing as pre-order on the competitor website but seems they do have stock.

Soldato
It has certainly caught my eye. Could you let us know how you get on with it?

I've been dragging my feet over changing my slightly aging Phanteks enthoo pro m and after something a little smaller. This looks like it fits the bill, the last Fractal case I had was a define R2.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It has certainly caught my eye. Could you let us know how you get on with it?

I've been dragging my feet over changing my slightly aging Phanteks enthoo pro m and after something a little smaller. This looks like it fits the bill, the last Fractal case I had was a define R2.
Will report back. Tomorrow I’ll move cases, got 4 Noctua A12x25 coming to keep it quiet. Shame the Chromax versions are still months away.

Back
Top Bottom